2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be fair, by the end of the summer, we MUST have 2 new centre backs, 2 centre mids and a striker... Then ideally a better backup keeper, a new right back and a second striker.

When we get the five necessities, that leaves the following players, who will all be over 21 and miles away from the bench, never mind the first team:

Jagielka
Williams
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
J. Williams
Besic
Mccarthy
Schneiderlin
Bolasie
Sandro
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Niasse
Tosun
Sambou

And maybe Vlasic too.

Of course we have to sell first, I'm not even going to try and work how much wage that is, but there's about £100m of transfer fees there to be had.

Of course we need to sell and at worse Marcel does great like last summer and gets them off the books at least for another year.

Let's be fair, by the end of the summer, we MUST have 2 new centre backs, 2 centre mids and a striker... Then ideally a better backup keeper, a new right back and a second striker.

When we get the five necessities, that leaves the following players, who will all be over 21 and miles away from the bench, never mind the first team:

Jagielka
Williams
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
J. Williams
Besic
Mccarthy
Schneiderlin
Bolasie
Sandro
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Niasse
Tosun
Sambou

And maybe Vlasic too.

Of course we have to sell first, I'm not even going to try and work how much wage that is, but there's about £100m of transfer fees there to be had.

Of course we need to sell and at worse Marcel does great like last summer and gets them off the books at least for another year.
So much crap in this squad, it's actually sickening. You've missed Walcott off that list as well.

Jagielka
Williams
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
J. Williams
Besic
Mccarthy
Schneiderlin
Bolasie
Sandro
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Niasse
Tosun
Sambou

And maybe Vlasic too.

FFS buddy, Im just about to turn in for the night. Thats the stuff of nightmares. No wonder Brands looms so kin miserable. How the hell did that happen. Not overnight that's for sure.

Jagielka
Williams
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
J. Williams
Besic
Mccarthy
Schneiderlin
Bolasie
Sandro
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Niasse
Tosun
Sambou

And maybe Vlasic too.

How do you sell players that don’t belong to us next summer?

Starting XI - Sub/Squad - Sell - On Loan

Goalkeepers
Pickford
Virginia
Stekelenburg

Defenders
Keane
Mina
Digne

Zouma
Coleman
Baines
Kenny

Jagielka

Midfielders
Sigurdsson
Gueye

Gomes
Schneiderlin
Davies
McCarthy
Baningime

Forwards
Richarlison
Bernard
Lookman
DCL

Walcott
Tosun
Niasse

Obviously this list doesn't include all of the players currently out on loan. Of those on loan, the ones I'd like to see return to the club in the summer are Holgate, Dowell, Vlasic, Robinson, Onyekuru & Joe Williams. The rest, as far as I'm concerned, can be sold.

For me that leaves the following positions to upgrade:
  • Another GK who can at least threaten Pickford's place. Stek doesn't do this;
  • A new starting CB *if* we don't buy Zouma;
  • Buy Gomes and another box-to-box player CM to partner him, even if Gana doesn't leave;
  • A RB and a RW;
  • A quality CF who fits the 'profile' for Silva.
Can we get ourselves into this position by the end of the summer? Seems a big ask...

Starting XI - Sub/Squad - Sell - On Loan

Goalkeepers
Pickford
Virginia
Stekelenburg

Defenders
Keane
Mina
Digne

Zouma
Coleman
Baines
Kenny

Jagielka

Midfielders
Sigurdsson
Gueye

Gomes
Schneiderlin
Davies
McCarthy
Baningime

Forwards
Richarlison
Bernard
Lookman
DCL

Walcott
Tosun
Niasse

Obviously this list doesn't include all of the players currently out on loan. Of those on loan, the ones I'd like to see return to the club in the summer are Holgate, Dowell, Vlasic, Robinson, Onyekuru & Joe Williams. The rest, as far as I'm concerned, can be sold.

For me that leaves the following positions to upgrade:
  • Another GK who can at least threaten Pickford's place. Stek doesn't do this;
  • A new starting CB *if* we don't buy Zouma;
  • Buy Gomes and another box-to-box player CM to partner him, even if Gana doesn't leave;
  • A RB and a RW;
  • A quality CF who fits the 'profile' for Silva.
Can we get ourselves into this position by the end of the summer? Seems a big ask...
Jags and Baines out of contract at the end of the season as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.