The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players know themselves if they’ve under performed, booing players does them no favours IMO.

I'd be worried if a player didn't know that they were under performing. As I alluded to previously, if a player can't get motivated with a kick up the backside from the fans, then he isn't fit to pull on the blue jersey.

Not letting players know what we expect does the entire club a disservice in the long term. I want every player who pulls on that jersey to understand that blood, snot and tears is a requirement. I want every player who comes to this club, or is thinking of coming to this club, to know that there is no room for complacency.

We have become too soft over the years.

We've always booed players. How else do we let them know if what we are seeing isn't good enough?

If a player can't take criticism then he needs to take the shirt off and go home.

This is just my opinion, but if I were fortunate enough to be at the game and I wanted to express my dissatisfaction I would just keep silent and not cheer. Booing my own colors just rubs me the wrong way personally and I think silence would speak volumes.

Obviously boo if you think it helps, IMO it doesn’t.

As I alluded to previously, if a player can't get motivated with a kick up the backside from the fans, then he isn't fit to pull on the blue jersey.

If i was a player and some fans wanted to give me a kick up the backside my only thought would be why don't you try and support me instead, were all supposed to be on the same side,if you're not with me you're against me and your helping no-one

This is just my opinion, but if I were fortunate enough to be at the game and I wanted to express my dissatisfaction I would just keep silent and not cheer. Booing my own colors just rubs me the wrong way personally and I think silence would speak volumes.

Time for boo is in the end of each half. If there is a real reason for a boo... The problem is some people go there only to express their frustration with everything and players are ideal targets. I fully understand that feeling and need, but it does not help the team at all...

If i was a player and some fans wanted to give me a kick up the backside my only thought would be why don't you try and support me instead, were all supposed to be on the same side,if you're not with me you're against me and your helping no-one

If that player was 'a winner' and had a winning mentality, then they would understand why the fans are venting, and would do something about it. We saw that from our players today which bodes well. We probably would've lost that game today without the fans letting the players know that what they were seeing wasn't good enough.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone needless verbal abuse of another human being just for the sake of it.

I respect your opinion but completely disagree with it. In my humble opinion, being silent, or sulking would only promote apathy.

Thinking about it I couldn't boo my own team. Frustrated groans yes, Booing anyone except the oppo i just couldn't do.

I respect that. It takes a lot for me personally to boo the team. I'd rather shout and ball at the players to get a reaction. If that doesn't work then booing is a last resort. I believe that without the crowds reaction today, we would've lost that game. Moaning and groaning just would not have cut it.

I respect that. It takes a lot for me personally to boo the team. I'd rather shout and ball at the players to get a reaction. If that doesn't work then booing is a last resort. I believe that without the crowds reaction today, we would've lost that game. Moaning and groaning just would not have cut it.
I disagree. I think the first half the team and Silva himself were not expecting anything like what the “supporters” gave them with their silence, moaning, and boos. It wasn’t til halftime and after Silva and the staff had the chance to calm the nerves of the players and supplying them with some sort of vote of confidence that they seemed a team that was a threat of taking ahold of the game. I think someone in that locker room rallied the players and the fans should get no credit at all for the second half turn around.

But I thought the outcome of matches had nothing to do with the crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.