2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the RS error knocked his confidence. He is making too many errors since then and needs to get back to basics. I feel with him it could go either way. Knuckle down and work hard or become the next Joe Hart

I have been quite critical of him in recent weeks. I don't think he's improved for us since joining from Sunderland. At best he has stood still. He still makes some good saves, but lets a lot in. He doesn't win us enough games. Arguably he makes less save than he did at Sunderland. That being said, today I thought he was very good.

He made 7 saves, without conceding. It's a crucial contribution. To give some perspective, the most Alisson has made in a single game without conceding is 4. De Gea was superlative today and made 11. They are the sort of contributions that win you games you ought not too.

He won't be able to repeat todays heroics every week. No goalkeeper does. However he needs to do it more often. I want to see far more saves and far fewer goals. Mistakes happen, but it's more the day to day stuff he needs to do better which he did today.

As a club these are the sort of numbers we need to start seeng against the top teams. Lots of saves from Pickford. He has it in him.

I think the RS error knocked his confidence. He is making too many errors since then and needs to get back to basics. I feel with him it could go either way. Knuckle down and work hard or become the next Joe Hart
Quite the opposite imo. He was too cocky after the WC. All of sudden the media is starting to notice he's actually a pretty poor KEEPER and now he's feeliing pressure.

Couple of poor passes in the first half, but overall thought he had a good game. Even the crosses he couldn't claim, he was getting enough on them to get them out of danger which probably goes unnoticed

That block where he was raced off his line was brilliant

When he did that it seemed he grew in confidence 10 fold. Made some vital punches right under his bar.

Similar to how as soon as Zouma scored, he started winning every header.

Confidence. It's huge.

Quite the opposite imo. He was too cocky after the WC. All of sudden the media is starting to notice he's actually a pretty poor KEEPER and now he's feeliing pressure.

He isn't a poor goalkeeper at all. He's not brilliant, but he's an excellent prospect.

He started second guessing himself. He needs to cut that out, because it wasn't in his game last season.

The RS thing was huge and then the Spurs thing won't have helped, in a team with no confidence as well.

As soon as he made the save one-on-one, which many goalkeepers would not have been out to so quickly, btw, he grew in stature.

I have been quite critical of him in recent weeks. I don't think he's improved for us since joining from Sunderland. At best he has stood still. He still makes some good saves, but lets a lot in. He doesn't win us enough games. Arguably he makes less save than he did at Sunderland. That being said, today I thought he was very good.

He made 7 saves, without conceding. It's a crucial contribution. To give some perspective, the most Alisson has made in a single game without conceding is 4. De Gea was superlative today and made 11. They are the sort of contributions that win you games you ought not too.

He won't be able to repeat todays heroics every week. No goalkeeper does. However he needs to do it more often. I want to see far more saves and far fewer goals. Mistakes happen, but it's more the day to day stuff he needs to do better which he did today.

As a club these are the sort of numbers we need to start seeng against the top teams. Lots of saves from Pickford. He has it in him.

If your defence is good enough, you limit the shots. Works both ways mate.

Pickford hasn't been great in the last month or so. Hopefully this is the time he gets back on the horse.

His reactions are superb. Sometimes his decision-making isn't - but that can be something that comes with age. He's 24, incredibly young for a goalkeeper.

If your defence is good enough, you limit the shots. Works both ways mate.

Pickford hasn't been great in the last month or so. Hopefully this is the time he gets back on the horse.

His reactions are superb. Sometimes his decision-making isn't - but that can be something that comes with age. He's 24, incredibly young for a goalkeeper.

Yes agree with all of that. In time I hope we are only conceding 7+ shots on target a game against the top teams.

Think you misunderstand me mate. I agree he was too cocky after the World Cup as was Hart. He wasn't poor before then. Things have gone to his head since then and he needs to get back to doing his job

He isn't a poor goalkeeper at all. He's not brilliant, but he's an excellent prospect.

He started second guessing himself. He needs to cut that out, because it wasn't in his game last season.

The RS thing was huge and then the Spurs thing won't have helped, in a team with no confidence as well.

As soon as he made the save one-on-one, which many goalkeepers would not have been out to so quickly, btw, he grew in stature.
Respectfully disagree. He's horrible with balls floated in to the box, he isn't really commanding of his area, his distribution is just woeful and he palms shots back in to the middle of the box.

I mean, take any one of them and that's not exactly the best endorsement of a keeper.

He is usually excellent at shot stopping tho, I will give him that.

Respectfully disagree. He's horrible with balls floated in to the box, he isn't really commanding of his area, his distribution is just woeful and he palms shots back in to the middle of the box.

I mean, take any one of them and that's not exactly the best endorsement of a keeper.

This thing about his distribution being awful is a load of wham tbh. It's superior to every keeper in the league bar Ederson,Alisson and De Gea.

He needed a confidence shot. He got it today. There were some horrid crosses in late on today and he dealt with all of them brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.