January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can think Walcott and Coleman are bench options, I can bet they both play more than the others you mentioned.

Both need replacing, personally I dont think we yet have replacements in the squad, Lookman is ineffective on the right, we have hardly seen Bernard there or Rico and Kenny is just a poor mans Coleman.

Ive always said Lookman is best on the left.

The thing is, if we somehow managed to receive £20mil and 100% of his wages covered we would be smart to sell Walcott....likewise £12.5mil+ for Coleman.

Their short term loss for a few months would enable us to have a lot more power in the market with cash in hand and free spaces in the squad.

Youre also confusing pre injury and post injury coleman.

Kenny has done well, but the problems arise when you overplay youngsters. He needs to be eased in to improve. I think my preference would be to strengthen without weakening ourselves - obviously, the only scenario where that wouldn’t be the case is if a ridiculous offer came in for someone.

Of course that the ideal scenario...ideally we would be taking £40mil for Gana and brands works his magic to sign the new Busquets for £4mil.

I think this window is all about us fleecing teams for players we will want to sell in summer and/or getting rid of players who are surplus now.

Its also important to remember that alot of players have release clauses on the continent and even if their clubs want to wait till summer to sell they may be forced to sell now if we match the clause...which in some cases may be very reasonable for a long term signing.

But your expecting Morgan to meet us halfway, your expecting him to take a pay cut, honestly why would he?

Perhaps he wants to move elsewhere

Perhaps he wants to play

Maybe his mrs is like Girouds

He could be losing money in sponsorship deals not playing

A multitude of reasons.

Ive always said Lookman is best on the left.

The thing is, if we somehow managed to receive £20mil and 100% of his wages covered we would be smart to sell Walcott....likewise £12.5mil+ for Coleman.

Their short term loss for a few months would enable us to have a lot more power in the market with cash in hand and free spaces in the squad.

Youre also confusing pre injury and post injury coleman.

Of course that the ideal scenario...ideally we would be taking £40mil for Gana and brands works his magic to sign the new Busquets for £4mil.

I think this window is all about us fleecing teams for players we will want to sell in summer and/or getting rid of players who are surplus now.

Its also important to remember that alot of players have release clauses on the continent and even if their clubs want to wait till summer to sell they may be forced to sell now if we match the clause...which in some cases may be very reasonable for a long term signing.

You are probably more accustom to the talented youth conveyor belt than most - I’d be happy for us to secure a young player with potential as long as they can contribute. We need to ensure there is a gateway to the first team for youth to prise the best available young players. However I dont think we need to sell first teamers who contribute to achieve this.

I think the team needs needs so much that perhaps nobody is safe, but I would have felt we would only see non-contributors sold as opposed to Coleman/Walcott, who even when not played both offer a tactical change from the bench as opposed to many others on the books.

I’m sure Brands will address this over the next few windows and like yourself hope we unearth the best youth players for a steal enabling a quickly route to success, but there’s going to be bumps when you shop in this way.

You are probably more accustom to the talented youth conveyor belt than most - I’d be happy for us to secure a young player with potential as long as they can contribute. We need to ensure there is a gateway to the first team for youth to prise the best available young players. However I dont think we need to sell first teamers who contribute to achieve this.

I think the team needs needs so much that perhaps nobody is safe, but I would have felt we would only see non-contributors sold as opposed to Coleman/Walcott, who even when not played both offer a tactical change from the bench as opposed to many others on the books.

I’m sure Brands will address this over the next few windows and like yourself hope we unearth the best youth players for a steal enabling a quickly route to success, but there’s going to be bumps when you shop in this way.

I think if we look at CM again, lets say we sold

McCarthy
Besic
Vlasic
Schneiderlin

Received say £45-£50mil for the lot and saved a packet in wages.

Kept Davies, Baningime Gana and Sigurdsson and signed 2 more centre mids u23 years old with the money.

We would expect those 2 u23s to be first 11 players before long taking the same chances as Digne when he replaced Baines...we would then have Gana and Sigurdsson, two 30 year olds next season as rotation options.

If we kept them for the season they would be a month or two off 31 years of age with resale values of a lot less than we could take for them now.

Instead of this, if we actually sold them for say £25mil each (as an example) and the others we would have around £100mil to rebuild the CM along with whatever cash Moshiri would be willing to put towards it.

Id have alot of faith in brands as on top of the transfer pot there would be a massive pot of wages.

I think if we look at CM again, lets say we sold

McCarthy
Besic
Vlasic
Schneiderlin

Received say £45-£50mil for the lot and saved a packet in wages.

Kept Davies, Baningime Gana and Sigurdsson and signed 2 more centre mids u23 years old with the money.

We would expect those 2 u23s to be first 11 players before long taking the same chances as Digne when he replaced Baines...we would then have Gana and Sigurdsson, two 30 year olds next season as rotation options.

If we kept them for the season they would be a month or two off 31 years of age with resale values of a lot less than we could take for them now.

Instead of this, if we actually sold them for say £25mil each (as an example) and the others we would have around £100mil to rebuild the CM along with whatever cash Moshiri would be willing to put towards it.

Id have alot of faith in brands as on top of the transfer pot there would be a massive pot of wages.

Christ Zat, honestly just buy FM and do all this.

I feel like there is a genuine lack of really good strikers in world football these days. Even thinking of the summer window I've no idea who we could realistically get that is actually top notch.

Theres just a real lack of actual quality players in the world.

I mean bar a few here and there theres nobody that really stand out bar a few, just think of the talent we had in the 90s, every team was RAMMED full of utter ballers.

The deappreciation of players values won’t be a concern if they are contributing as we can’t go out and buy a whole new eleven.

But, the first point you raised (all of the dirge) will enable new additions whilst hopefully achieving a lower wage budget.

Selling 4 players, raising however how much and then plumping for a big meat head and one with potential would be amazeballs, but the biggest obstacle right now is actually selling players. So I’m being patient knowing some are likely to obtain moves and fees (probably lower than their true worth) whisky others run their contracts down. So I’m being super patient whilst the dirge remain here.

Think the summer a few come off the books and we see positive changes, but not expecting much right now. Hopefully some of the loan players can earn a nice move (Vlasic) - but again, I’m not expecting that to happen for the others. So we will see them still here in the summer.

Hopefully Brands finds a solution to get them off the books permanently.

Im actually bemused why no one has bought me a copy or of this FIFA people are on about...

FIFA is for kids, its an arcade game, if its realism you want its gotta be FM.

I havent played it since I made Moutinho and Felli the best CM pairing in world football and won the CL in my 2nd season as Everton with Zlatan and Jan Klaas up top.

Love the editor to much me.

I feel like there is a genuine lack of really good strikers in world football these days. Even thinking of the summer window I've no idea who we could realistically get that is actually top notch.

I mean bar a few here and there theres nobody that really stand out bar a few, just think of the talent we had in the 90s, every team was RAMMED full of utter ballers.

Its really bizarre when you look back at the quality in our league and italy during the 90s...its dried up massively

I wonder why? Any thoughts?

The deappreciation of players values won’t be a concern if they are contributing as we can’t go out and buy a whole new eleven.

But, the first point you raised (all of the dirge) will enable new additions whilst hopefully achieving a lower wage budget.

Selling 4 players, raising however how much and then plumping for a big meat head and one with potential would be amazeballs, but the biggest obstacle right now is actually selling players. So I’m being patient knowing some are likely to obtain moves and fees (probably lower than their true worth) whisky others run their contracts down. So I’m being super patient whilst the dirge remain here.

Think the summer a few come off the books and we see positive changes, but not expecting much right now. Hopefully some of the loan players can earn a nice move (Vlasic) - but again, I’m not expecting that to happen for the others. So we will see them still here in the summer.

Hopefully Brands finds a solution to get them off the books permanently.

Brands and Silva will make us FC SEXY

Well, if we had an offer for schneiderlin of say £15mil but they would only pay him £60k a week for example then it would make sense for us to offer him a cash incentive of say £2.5mil to move. That somewhat bridges the wages gap and gets us £12.5mil overall.

Loans would work also but we would perhaps be seeing an overall loss (not counting for FFP rules or book value) as i mean Bolasie surely isnt getting full salary worth at villa, we must be subsidising it.

I do think for the CF position even if we went for someone like Batshuayi now, in the summer we will be going for someone for a fair bit of cash as a solid long term option.

I think all over the pitch there will be surprises in terms of the names we bring in and the deals we do.
If we went for a striker of the calibre of Werner with Batshuayi as back up then I would be well pleased with that.

Sell Tosun and Oumar, loan DCL to see if he can cut it then all good.

FIFA is for kids, its an arcade game, if its realism you want its gotta be FM.

I havent played it since I made Moutinho and Felli the best CM pairing in world football and won the CL in my 2nd season as Everton with Zlatan and Jan Klaas up top.

Love the editor to much me.

I used to play it and chose the lowest teams in England and took them up to the top of the prem but used the fake players so it would be a bit harder....i think though the only difference was the name, Fellaini for example...his name changed but the player stats remained the same.

Didnt use the editor apart from when i got bored of it and started everton in the lowest league...straight up to championship then stopped playing it.

Maybe i'll go for the one after summer...FIFA i thought was a game to play but posters here are mentioning stats like its morphed to FM.

Exactly this.

Look at Chelsea. A far more attractive option than us currently and they can’t find one for love nor money and having to turn to a 30 year old or Callum Wilson.

And people think we can just find one like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.