January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a BIG if but if we do sell Gana and siggy to reshape our midfield to be what Marco wants with 1 holding and 2 box to box mids who would be keep and who would be sell? Obviously I know a lot of you will say Davies but also heard some shouts to loan him out. But what about Beni, Besic, McCarthy, Schniederlin, vlasic, Dowell, Williams?

For me Davies should stay and second fiddle Gomes and whoever else we bring in to play beside him, Beni should get a loan, Besic I think would do great as a holding mid for us even if it’s just as a back up but he’s also an easy sell to boro, McCarthy is a huge question mark as if he can come back to his hard running self after the injury but can’t really see much interest in him to sell off, Schniederlin doesn’t seem to be able to do anything but waste space and also can’t see much interest in him to be able to sell him off, Vlasic I’d love to see stay as I like him but he’s a very easy sell for a decent price and his positions are over filled already and the players we are linked with are also a level above him, Dowell should be sold and think we could get a good few for him, and finally I think Williams has already taken too long to grow and hopes he proves to be a good player with someone else.
None of them is probably the correct answer.

Out of them all I havent watched Joe Williams, so for that reason he would be the only maybe.

At the moment I'd probably accept fair offers for all of them. Vlasic is the only one who is interesting at the moment.

I’ve never been Impressed when Ive watched him, we could have been watching the Brazilian defender Milteao( spelling) who we’ve been linked with. Or Herrera the Mexican midfielder also available on a free.
Not completely convinced with Militao yet. Seems to be primed to either be a Thiago Silva or tip the other way and become a David Luiz

We should really be hoping that its Militao but if we cant get him this window i think the dream is over.

Denis Suarez. Never seen him play but looks good. Seen a few links.

Thoughts ? Anyone know much about this guy? Is he a possibility?

.....over a week into the January transfer window, and here’s what’s been said in the rumour columns this Wednesday morning;

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton Director of Football, Marcel Brands, is not expecting to do any business in this January transfer window but would not count it out totally.

- According to The Daily Mirror, Everton are keen on Porto winger, Yacine Brahimi. Apparently, Everton watched the 28 year old score 2 goals in a 3-1 win over Nacional on Monday night. The Algerian international becomes a free agent in the summer.

- Southampton fans forum pick up on a rumour linking their club with a move for Everton’s 21 year old winger Ademola Lookman, suggesting the Saints would be unwilling to pay the £28m asking fee.

- Bristol Live say an injury continues to hold up Joe Williams’ loan move to Bristol City. The Liverpool Echo report Marco Silva will not sanction a permanent move for the 22 year old midfielder who he wants to be part of pre-season training in the summer.

Last edited:
I’m from down that way and they all started texting me when we signed him saying he’s class
My office is based in Basingstoke full of them and they all love him. Funnily enough they aren’t too fussed about Bale. Maybe it’s because realistically Theo could end up back there were Bale never will.

If there are no plans to sign anyone this window im guessing the clubs ambition is mid table and they have written the season off.

I get that the value isnt as good in January, its not the time to attempt sqaud rebuilding.

However a cheekey striker, or a centre mid or even a right back might five us a boost.

We need a Kevin Campbell/Marcus Bent type signing, cheap/loan that can bang in a surprising amount of goals between now and May

My office is based in Basingstoke full of them and they all love him. Funnily enough they aren’t too fussed about Bale. Maybe it’s because realistically Theo could end up back there were Bale never will.

Amazingstoke , used to work there for Scottish and southern energy many moons ago, I’m actually from a town called andover not far down the A303. Most of my mates are saints or yids and of corse Man U and RS but most are saints.

Had a friend that played for Bournemouth youth and he said he remembers a game against saints where they were 3-0 with 30 mins left , saints brought on Walcott and he scored 4 and set up 2 ended up 6-3. Not surprising he said that he was just to rapid and nobody could handle him

If there are no plans to sign anyone this window im guessing the clubs ambition is mid table and they have written the season off.

I get that the value isnt as good in January, its not the time to attempt sqaud rebuilding.

However a cheekey striker, or a centre mid or even a right back might five us a boost.

....from what was said last evening, there appears a realisation that chucking money on bringing players in does not translate to improvements on the pitch. There is a lot of housekeeping to be done to rid ourselves of the Walsh/Koeman regime.

....from what was said last evening, there appears a realisation that chucking money on bringing players in does not translate to improvements on the pitch. There is a lot of housekeeping to be done to rid ourselves of the Walsh/Koeman regime.
I get that, still think one signing in a key area could be a boost we need, even someone on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.