• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think overall Silva (and Brands) did well in the summer transfer market, but my main concern was we still didn't sign a striker....

Koeman lost his job because he couldn't replace Lukaku (and well our back line too) ...

I assumed Silva watched all our games last season knowing hed be our manager this season.... He's tried to address our back line with Mina, Zouma & digne.. He's tried to add a little creativity with Bernard... He's tried to address the centre midfield with Gomez..... But he didn't find a striker...

It's impossible to do everything in 1 window... But the problem with not finding a striker is, it eventually knocks the confidence of the entire team... Players have to believe there's goals in the team...

Spurs wouldn't be where they are if Kane hadn't come through... Liverpool wouldn't be were they are if the Salah transfer hadn't happened....Leicester couldn't have won the league without Vardy..

With no Rooney coming through, we need to find another lukaku.... Brands and Silva have to find him soon, or Silva will be gone...

I was baffled with craving many had with Silva, however here we are history repeating itself... Now is the time to live up to cavorted reputation people had of him!

I think overall Silva (and Brands) did well in the summer transfer market, but my main concern was we still didn't sign a striker....

Koeman lost his job because he couldn't replace Lukaku (and well our back line too) ...

I assumed Silva watched all our games last season knowing hed be our manager this season.... He's tried to address our back line with Mina, Zouma & digne.. He's tried to add a little creativity with Bernard... He's tried to address the centre midfield with Gomez..... But he didn't find a striker...

It's impossible to do everything in 1 window... But the problem with not finding a striker is, it eventually knocks the confidence of the entire team... Players have to believe there's goals in the team...

Spurs wouldn't be where they are if Kane hadn't come through... Liverpool wouldn't be were they are if the Salah transfer hadn't happened....Leicester couldn't have won the league without Vardy..

With no Rooney coming through, we need to find another lukaku.... Brands and Silva have to find him soon, or Silva will be gone...
So how did Moyes keep us going without a proper striker ?

Clueless appears on his forehead like a watermark as the game goes on.
It then lights up like neon sign when he sends on Tosun.

I believe that what you are witnessing is his mental disintegration. His post match interview has me very concerned for his well-being. Most of us have followed Everton for years and our sanity is thus ‘immunised’, But Marco is new to Everton and is thus vulnerable to terrible mental ravagement.

But it's up to the player to take the few chances he's had and ask the questions
We are going in circles here. I don't really think you can do that if you don't get anything like consistent time. I believe that for all sports not just football. You obviously believe that if a player is any good he will immediately play at his highest level any time he is called upon whether he has been consistently involved or not. From your point of view Lookman not lighting every game on fire means he shouldn't start ever and while I'd disagree with the point that he hasn't been good enough when he plays the larger problem is I simply don't subscribe to the bigger notion. Players need actual time in the game to adjust and show what they can do fully imo.

At some point you have to shake things up when a part of the game isn't working and our wingers are not working. Lookman, good enough or not, is the only card we haven't played fully in trying to make it happen. The only other option is trudge on with this crap and try to fix it in the summer or panic buy in January and end up with a player like Walcott or Tosun again who isn't a permanent fix.

It's OK saying we need a striker and I agree, we do, but we're not creating chances. Now whether a quick mobile striker will alter the dynamics of the team I don't know. His movement hopefully will create space for other players.

Clueless appears on his forehead like a watermark as the game goes on.
It then lights up like neon sign when he sends on Tosun.

What where his other options ?

Give some support to Bambi Lewin, who hadn`t touched the ball up until that point.

or

Take off Bambi, move Richarlison up front, Bernard out wide left, whilst carrying on with an ineffectual Walcott on the right.

Until the goal went in, he was about to replace Gomes with Davies.

We had no one at all on the bench that could`ve added anything other than Tosun. ( who had two more efforts on goal than Bambi did all game ).

It was never going to be easy straightening out the mess left after last season. Silva is doubtless feeling the pressure now as can be seen by his increasingly uncomfortable press conferences. I don't know if he can pull round this mixture of good and frankly poor players, certainly not without a transfer window or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.