• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me he is an average manager who has a very inflated profile. He was decent at the start of his career, then hit the jackpot when his rivals while at Inter were removed leaving them free to dominate. He then spent a fortune at City and was within a couple of mins of losing the league to a very poor Man Unteam. He was binned later and has been pretty bad since.

This stuff ain't easy, but having Moshiri a non football man making appointments just made it worse. I don't know of a coach in the profile you look for that we could get and don't have major caveats.

I think we are tied to the model of trying to grab the next big thing. The promising progressive manager looking for the step up.

As I've mentioned a few times you would assume Brands would have major input into that side of things going forward?

Yeah, mancini is terrible, I'd have been just as peeved with him as I was with allardyce tbh.

For me he is an average manager who has a very inflated profile. He was decent at the start of his career, then hit the jackpot when his rivals while at Inter were removed leaving them free to dominate. He then spent a fortune at City and was within a couple of mins of losing the league to a very poor Man Unteam. He was binned later and has been pretty bad since.

This stuff ain't easy, but having Moshiri a non football man making appointments just made it worse. I don't know of a coach in the profile you look for that we could get and don't have major caveats.

I think we are tied to the model of trying to grab the next big thing. The promising progressive manager looking for the step up.

As I've mentioned a few times you would assume Brands would have major input into that side of things going forward?

100% agree

With regards to Mancini I think he would have been the jump we needed from the Martinez demolition job.

Moyes replacing Smith, things got better right away
Martinez replacing Moyes, things got better,, much better.
Koeman replaced Martinez, things did look better and there was improvement.
Fat head Sam replaced Koeman, and he steadied us and we looked better and harder to beat.
Silva replaced Fat Head and we have gone backwards. And with massive investment.....
Some improved results under Sam but the style was godawful and was ultimately short term. Our squad is a hot potch we need someone to build something. Chopping and changing won't help. Do I have doubts over Silva? Yes but we need to rebuild and give a manager at least two seasons then reassess, or we will spiral further.

I do too. The club is now entirely a vehicle for a massive regeneration project (and the profits associated with it). People have got the lob on for the Docks but Everton is Goodison and its surrounding area, profitable or not - we move away from this (and forget the legacy projects, it's not the same as a matchday atmosphere) and you fundamentally abandon your basic principles. People can say 'yer but we left Anfield' - it's round the corner and was a century ago. Sure, you can dress it up like Arsenal do, perhaps put some statues outside of former players, but Arsenal aren't about anything any more, in the same way neither are West Ham and ultimately, neither will be franchise Everton.

And paradoxically, this is why I wouldn't sack Silva even if we get to a boring 45-50 point finale. I'd rather see several years of an individual trying to achieve something rather than just rolling the dice again to stick in that 35%-45% band of brothers.

The stadium stuff should be a massive second to on field progression. I'd rather see a good team playing at Goodison than have a nice shiny new stadium.

A new stadium is not the game changer everyone speaks of. It's probably going to be a burden on getting on field success.

The stadium stuff should be a massive second to on field progression. I'd rather see a good team playing at Goodison than have a nice shiny new stadium.

A new stadium is not the game changer everyone speaks of. It's probably going to be a burden on getting on field success.

Football wise, it won't be a game-changer. The sort of revenues you need to be competing regularly with at the top won't come from a 52,000 seater stadium; you need a sovereign state or massive global fund. It's a vehicle for Moshiri et al. to get even richer.

The team isn't getting any better on the pitch because there is no culture of betterment, improvement or winning mentality at Everton currently. There are no winners.

We put in a very good performance at Anfield and lost to a last minute freak goal. Arsenal went there today and got battered 5-1 and seem to have similar problems as ourselves with a new manager settling in.

Are there lynch mobs on the Arsenal forums this evening demanding the head of Emery ? Unlikely, yet on here the BFS army are out in force throwing hissy fits and demanding that heads must roll.

Some of our fans don't deserve success.

That stupid, ridiculous and moronic moment from Pickford at the start of the month has totally destroyed the destiny of both clubs.

The RS should be 3rd and we should have taken more points.

Instead the season is dead in the water.

Big transfer windows ahead to rid us of players who wallow in failure.

We have had numerous managers with various ways of playing but the general malaise remains.

Sick of it year after year.

That stupid, ridiculous and moronic moment from Pickford at the start of the month has totally destroyed the destiny of both clubs.

We have had numerous managers with various ways of playing but the general malaise remains.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. We’ve played mostly crap and got exactly what we deserved, you can’t blame one moment for all the glaring tactical mistakes and individual errors we’ve made.

They’re where they were because they’re currently the best team in the league.

He’s done far more than that and you know it. Never relegated a team for a start. Turned Bolton into consistent performers at the top level. Managed the national team.

One game and he messed up that opportunity, his biggest moment, by getting into a situation he didn't need to. Oh BTW he does have a relegation on his CV, with Notts County in 97

This.

We put in a very good performance at Anfield and lost to a last minute freak goal. Arsenal went there today and got battered 5-1 and seem to have similar problems as ourselves with a new manager settling in.

Are there lynch mobs on the Arsenal forums this evening demanding the head of Emery ? Unlikely, yet on here the BFS army are out in force throwing hissy fits and demanding that heads must roll.

Some of our fans don't deserve success.

Didnt Arsenal go about 15 games+ unbeaten and are in 5th?

Whereas Everton are 10/11th and have 1 win in about 7 and only beaten one side in the top half.

Totally different situations Marco lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.