• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Marco fan, trying to beat better teams at their own game.

The choice is to go pragmatic or cynical against the CL teams, because they have more quality and we have clear limits.

To be honest I hope he doesn’t, that may lead to defeats this season, but I’m not going to have s go at any Everton manager who goes out to try and win games on the front foot.

Silva comes across as an ideologue though. You can't play a high line and play expansively unless you have the players that suit that way of playing. If you are going to play expansively and take risks at the back then you need to be confident of outscoring the opposition. That means having forwards who are a real goal threat.

If you want to go from a team that looks to grind out results like we did last season into a team that looks to blow away the opposition then firstly you need to do it gradually and secondly you need the tools to make that transformation.

Silva reminds me of AVB he got results by playing a ridiculously high defensive line in a poorer league and can't really adapt when things go wrong. I think he deserves more time but equally we either need to bring in the players that can improve the way we play or Silva needs to adapt.
Yeah, but AVB had a good record of success. He even did quite well at Spurs.

This season always should have been about trying to turn over the playing staff with an eye on the future, consolidating as a top half side and remaining behind a manager who could prove long term to be someone who can push the club forwards.

Totally agree with this, and I am pretty sure it's what he will achieve this season. I'm quite calm about that.

More key will be the transfer window in the summer.

Totally agree with this, and I am pretty sure it's what he will achieve this season. I'm quite calm about that.

More key will be the transfer window in the summer.
im going to suggest that our window will be much harder now we are in this horrible slump of relegation form. whos going to want to come here when its us or ac milan etc etc

Klopps first season (30 games in charge) Liverpool finished in their joint lowest league position since they got relegated mate.

Yes we spent a fair amount in the summer, not exactly a huge amount tbh though in reality, 18m, 40m, 25m on 3 players these days is not outlandish spending by a long stretch.

Plus this spending was by and large trying to plug the huge holes we had all over the squad due to 2 years of utterly woeful players being bought.

This season always should have been about trying to turn over the playing staff with an eye on the future, consolidating as a top half side and remaining behind a manager who could prove long term to be someone who can push the club forwards.

Expecting or demanding to 6 or an instant transformation of the side is ignoring the monumental task of changing the entire ethos of a club that's in real terms done absolutely nothing except exist in the division the past twenty five seasons if people want the club to do a Leeds, villa etc then call for another manager change, but to do so imo shows either stupidity, trying to be a wum, or being a koppite - which a fair few of the obvious ones of all three are in evident lately and especially today.

The difference is Klopp had won the Bunderliga, had Dortmund playing amazing football (along with building their side) and got to a Champions League final.

Liverpool fans could afford to give him time as he was a PROVEN manager.

What has Silva ever done to make us think he can change things?

Relegated with Hull

Went on a awful run of games at Watford after a few decent games at the start

The only thing he has done is win a one horse Greek plumber league where Mirallas was a cult hero.

He'll get the season but only because Moshiri is as thick as two short planks when it comes to on the pitch decision making.

I'll call it now absolutely no way will we finish 7th this season it'll be a miracle if we finish higher than around 9/10th which is a disgrace when you look at his budget compared to those around us.

We also won the 3 games prior to this 9 game horrible run under Silva. Think Koeman would have won the next 3?

We're on a bad run no doubt but we've got points on the board, so relegation isn't a worry. With Koeman, he had to turn it around fast.

We also lost 3-0 to Atlanta, couldnt beat Limmosol, and got beat twice by Lyon

Who knows?! Koeman was sacked before the second Lyon game and the Atalanta away was after playing Spurs and before playing Man Utd. Unsworth didn't exactly improve things.

Whether or not Koeman deserved to get the sack is irrelevant. The point I am making is that he got sacked for the same run that Silva is on. That is fact.

The difference is Klopp had won the Bunderliga, had Dortmund playing amazing football (along with building their side) and got to a Champions League final.

Liverpool fans could afford to give him time as he was a PROVEN manager.

What has Silva ever done to make us think he can change things?

Relegated with Hull

Went on a awful run of games at Watford after a few decent games at the start

The only thing he has done is win a one horse Greek plumber league where Mirallas was a cult hero.

He'll get the season but only because Moshiri is as thick as two short planks when it comes to on the pitch decision making.

I'll call it now absolutely no way will we finish 7th this season it'll be a miracle if we finish higher than around 9/10th which is a disgrace when you look at his budget compared to those around us.

Teehee

I love a good "disgrace" shout

iTS A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!

im going to suggest that our window will be much harder now we are in this horrible slump of relegation form. whos going to want to come here when its us or ac milan etc etc

Summer transfer window is the key one.

The one we will arrive at having had an ok season, finishing top 10, with a very different first 11 than we finished the previous season and playing some actual real life attacking positive football. The crap run up to Xmas will be mentioned but won't be the be all and end all.

Klopps first season (30 games in charge) Liverpool finished in their joint lowest league position since they got relegated mate.

Yes we spent a fair amount in the summer, not exactly a huge amount tbh though in reality, 18m, 40m, 25m on 3 players these days is not outlandish spending by a long stretch.

Plus this spending was by and large trying to plug the huge holes we had all over the squad due to 2 years of utterly woeful players being bought.

Expecting or demanding to 6 or an instant transformation of the side is ignoring the monumental task of changing the entire ethos of a club that's in real terms done absolutely nothing except exist in the division the past twenty five seasons if people want the club to do a Leeds, villa etc then call for another manager change, but to do so imo shows either stupidity, trying to be a wum, or being a koppite - which a fair few of the obvious ones of all three are in evident lately and especially today.
Certainly not disagreeing with your overall point but let’s be honest here, that is a lot of money spent. It’s not city levels or whatever but I said in the summer you can’t spend what we did, drop places in the league and call it progress. We outspent a lot of teams who finished below us and there’s no real excuse to let them overtake us in my opinion. I’m not expecting overnight miracles but I agree that accepting 10th as a decent season is lowering the bar a little too much for my liking.

It is. Our owner gambling with the club's future well being putting in hundreds of millions of "loans" and entrusting it to be spent on player after player who are then undercoached by garbage midtable managers.

The day the fans wake up the better. You've been had I'm afraid.
the money thing isn't an issue for me, its all down to Moshiri, he is making the decisions..

the next managerial appointment will be interesting if and when the time comes.

it should be a considered one, with Brands doing all the negotiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.