• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It did in most cases. Leicester was a fluke. Ideally, spending huge means signing better players thus having a bettter team but thanks to Walsh and Koeman that ain’t working well.

Interesting figures though, so we are in fact 5th in terms of spending money. Good to see you agree 7th is the last we should expect.
Wow!!!!a 38 game fluke
Would you believe it?

Whats the point of half this forum in fairness

Owner chooses manager

Manager chooses team

DOF chooses signings

We would all have bugger all to talk about if we didnt have the occasional erm... fantasy :blush:

I just don’t think anyone cares about your dreams and fantasies.

Sorry mate.

Agree on this but if he takes it serious and we lose then that's ok, but if he does what he did in the league cup that's another thing
Which points to the "results matter less than effort'' argument seen earlier. It has to be a blend of both. Silva can get us playing good football - I don't think anyone (even on here) doubts that. However can he get us winning games? that question remains unanswered as of now.

Which points to the "results matter less than effort'' argument seen earlier. It has to be a blend of both. Silva can get us playing good football - I don't think anyone (even on here) doubts that. However can he get us winning games? that question remains unanswered as of now.

Well hes already won more than hes lost here, which is a vast improvement on his Hull and Watford record.

Bro why you talking about net spend like it matters?

Arsenal wage bill 199m
Everton wage bill 105m

Arsenal commercial deals 217m
Everton commercial deals 40m

But sure fam, you focus on NET SPEND like its even a factor in 2k18.

Money spent means nothing when much of it was flushed down the toilet on garbage players by a big fat moon headed ginger idiot and his gargoyle accomplice.

Yeah but it's the records of previous Everton managers he has to improve on, I'm sure if we lose to Spurs it's our worse points tally at Christmas for 5 years.

The only former Everton manager he needs to improve on is Kendall, honestly nobody elses record even matters.

Its about context, we havent had a single chasing all season, we have fought in 90% of games and been beaten by the odd goal here and there, sure its not great, but he wasnt appointed to win Xmas 2018, he was hired for the future.

The only former Everton manager he needs to improve on is Kendall, honestly nobody elses record even matters.

Its about context, we havent had a single chasing all season, we have fought in 90% of games and been beaten by the odd goal here and there, sure its not great, but he wasnt appointed to win Xmas 2018, he was hired for the future.

Don't think we'll get a heavier defeat than the arsenal one (cue spurs thrashing us now), which if is the case is a lot better. I mean our defending last season was utterly dreadful, it was thoroughly depressing and people had a lot of marinez vibes about Silva, but if we end the season with 2-0 as our biggest defeat, a lot of those fears can be eased.

The next step would be to turn the 1 goal a game we keep conceding to clean sheets and our wastefulness at the other end won't be as costly. The weird way football works is that more clean sheets will actually see us be better in front of goal.

Don't think we'll get a heavier defeat than the arsenal one (cue spurs thrashing us now), which if is the case is a lot better. I mean our defending last season was utterly dreadful, it was thoroughly depressing and people had a lot of marinez vibes about Silva, but if we end the season with 2-0 as our biggest defeat, a lot of those fears can be eased.

The next step would be to turn the 1 goal a game we keep conceding to clean sheets and our wastefulness at the other end won't be as costly. The weird way football works is that more clean sheets will actually see us be better in front of goal.

People have no patience mate, I dont get it, well I do like, a vast majority of our fans have never seen us win a trophy, so maybe I view things differently, but in order to have the 80s, I also had to have the 90s, *shudders*.

But anyway, theres no rush for me, I get that it will take time :

It will take time to overhaul the squad, the people expecting us to have sold everybody and bought 23 boss players in 1 window are utter lunatics.
It will take time for Silva to have the players understanding his system, his tactics, to get the players in that fit how he wants to play.

I dont understand why people cant see that.

Sure, our results recently have been terrible, they really have, not good enough at all, but what I like about Silva is that hes very honest, hes not chatting wham like Martinez did, hes not talking about knifes to gunfights like Moyes and hes not blaming everybody but himself like Big Sam. Sure words are easy and football is a results business, pretty football never won any points on its own.

But I like what hes attempting to do and personally I will give him as much time as needed to do it.

People have no patience mate, I dont get it, well I do like, a vast majority of our fans have never seen us win a trophy, so maybe I view things differently, but in order to have the 80s, I also had to have the 90s, *shudders*.

But anyway, theres no rush for me, I get that it will take time :

It will take time to overhaul the squad, the people expecting us to have sold everybody and bought 23 boss players in 1 window are utter lunatics.
It will take time for Silva to have the players understanding his system, his tactics, to get the players in that fit how he wants to play.

I dont understand why people cant see that.

Sure, our results recently have been terrible, they really have, not good enough at all, but what I like about Silva is that hes very honest, hes not chatting wham like Martinez did, hes not talking about knifes to gunfights like Moyes and hes not blaming everybody but himself like Big Sam. Sure words are easy and football is a results business, pretty football never won any points on its own.

But I like what hes attempting to do and personally I will give him as much time as needed to do it.

Same here, I've been a massive fan of his since he came over here. But there's so many positives. I'm 30 now and haven't seen us win a jot, barely even remember winning at the big grounds except Oviedo, so I'm massively impatient, but the state of people on here is staggering.

It'll come, I had a brief bit of hope under martinez, but that shortly faded, but with moshiri, brands and Silva or whoever comes after him, we're on the right track.

And I'm someone who loves chopping and changing when I used to play football manager. But that's because it's a game! How people can't differentiate between that and real transfer business is beyond me.

Nah some bad eggs at Utd mate.

Imagine dealing with egos like Pogba, Rom, Sanchez all in the same dressing room with players like De Gea and Martial having agents messing the club around.

Going to take alot of money to sort out Utd regardless of the manager imo.

Would love Jose you can guarantee trophies with him. Would actually put the pride back in the club, players and badge. I can dream!
He signed all 3 of them. If he couldn't handle the egos then he shouldn't of signed them, personality is always a factor when signing new players.

If you use the excuse of "he didn't have a say and they were signed for him" then thats just weak management and shows hes happy to sit and take a wedge and not achieve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.