• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, Martinez wasn't sacked because of the league placing, as such.

He was sacked because it was two-successive bottom-half finishes, maybe, but in the main it was because his style of football had been figured out and he showed no signs that he could change his ways.
And he had lost the dressing room. There were a few who chucked him under a bus.

Will never happen as Moshiri won't sack Silva this season outside of a complete freefall however Mourinho will no doubt be available in the summer and his stock is low as its ever been.

Would love us to bring him in. Would end our trophy drought and get one up on the RS with a team of ace players backed by Mosh and hopefully uncle Uzzy once BMD is sorted.

You seem to think spending money means success, can you ask Manchester United if thats the case? Can you ask Leicester City if NET SPEND matters?

Sure we have spent more money than most since Moshiri took over, but when you spend over 50m on Yannick Bolaise and Davy Klaassen, does spending money even matter? Spending money and spending money wisely are different things really. Manchester United spent 200m on Pogba and Lukaku, do you consider that a good use of cashflow?

Net Spend last 5 Years Purchased Gross Sold Netspend Per Season
1 Manchester City £742,400,000 £232,550,000 £509,850,000 £101,970,000
2 Manchester United £611,630,000 £194,050,000 £417,580,000 £83,516,000
4 Chelsea £677,550,000 £434,850,000 £242,700,000 £48,540,000
3 Arsenal £385,740,000 £163,750,000 £221,990,000 £44,398,000
5 Everton £401,700,000 £197,000,000 £204,700,000 £40,940,000
6 Liverpool £578,750,000 £405,080,000 £173,670,000 £34,734,000

Over the last 5 years we have a higher NET SPEND than Liverpool, in that time they have sold 1 player for 150m and bought 2 for 70m each, they also have a wage bill that is double ours.

But sure mate, keep thinking NET SPEND is a metric you should judge teams on.

But yes, 7th is the last we should expect, but it doesnt mean we have a God given right to it cos we have spent a bit of dough.

It did in most cases. Leicester was a fluke. Ideally, spending huge means signing better players thus having a bettter team but thanks to Walsh and Koeman that ain’t working well.

Interesting figures though, so we are in fact 5th in terms of spending money. Good to see you agree 7th is the last we should expect.

The thing is you don't get to sack him, no matter how much you might want to. Neither do I or anyone else on here for that matter. The only person who gets to do that is the owner and he won't be doing it unless there is a disaster.

So you can stamp you feet with impatience all you want and make demands about what position in the league you deem as being acceptable, but it won't make the slightest bit of difference. You are tearing your hair out for nothing and completely wasting your time, which would be better spent actually lending some support for what he trying to do.

So I did not say let’s get him sack if we get anything below 7th then? The thing you accuse me of saying. 15th is another matter.

I have been saying repeatedly that I want Silva to succeed here and things must improve in the home matches now.

Placing minimum expectations on Everton players is fraught with risk...they do not cope well with 'expectation pressures'...and almost invariably, they crumble under the weight of that pressure.

I'm one of those who thinks Jose is a horrible individual who causes rifts and rows wherever he goes. Now plays a horrible brand of football who's best days are behind him.

Nah some bad eggs at Utd mate.

Imagine dealing with egos like Pogba, Rom, Sanchez all in the same dressing room with players like De Gea and Martial having agents messing the club around.

Going to take alot of money to sort out Utd regardless of the manager imo.

Would love Jose you can guarantee trophies with him. Would actually put the pride back in the club, players and badge. I can dream!

It did in most cases. Leicester was a fluke. Ideally, spending huge means signing better players thus having a bettter team but thanks to Walsh and Koeman that ain’t working well.

Interesting figures though, so we are in fact 5th in terms of spending money. Good to see you agree 7th is the last we should expect.
7th is least but I'd take 14th and the FA Cup, anything less is failure, regardless of it being first season, the football might be nicer but it's only results that count

Nah some bad eggs at Utd mate.

Imagine dealing with egos like Pogba, Rom, Sanchez all in the same dressing room with players like De Gea and Martial having agents messing the club around.

Going to take alot of money to sort out Utd regardless of the manager imo.

Would love Jose you can guarantee trophies with him. Would actually put the pride back in the club, players and badge. I can dream!
The biggest ego at United for me is mourinho though.

7th is least but I'd take 14th and the FA Cup, anything less is failure, regardless of it being first season, the football might be nicer but it's only results that count
Our chance of winning the FA Cup must be less than zero given our inability to ruthlessly dispatch of even the dullest cannon fodder or win a game against the Top6 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.