Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ademola-Lookman.jpg

EVENING TOFFEES

November seems so long ago, things were simpler then, we won games, the future was bright. December hasnt been kind so far sadly, but never fear, just what we need, an easy home banker against relegation fodder to get the team back on track, I know right.

This will of course be a tough, tough game, Spurs are a great side with a superb manager, but they wont park the bus and we tend to play "better" when teams attack us and they will certainly attack us. A tired performance yesterday against City and hopefully the players will benefit from the 8 days rest and we should see a different team for sure.

Lots of decisions to be made, which im sure Marco will be best judged to make, but we need a win to stop us freefalling down the table, so lets hope Goodison is bouncing and the players are refreshed and ready to go.

Goats 11 to start :

Picko
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Gana
Gomes - Iceland
Lookman - DCL - Rico​

DCL :eek:

Things really are that bad up front aren`t they :(

DCL = holes with socks in
Tosun = crocs
Niasse = a banana skin

(I feel compelled to point out I mean no racist overtones with the Niasse comment, I cant think of anything else slippy you could wear on your feet, but its 2018 and people feel the need to see racism in most comments, just felt I needed to say that)

DCL = holes with socks in
Tosun = crocs
Niasse = a banana skin

(I feel compelled to point out I mean no racist overtones with the Niasse comment, I cant think of anything else slippy you could wear on your feet, but its 2018 and people feel the need to see racism in most comments, just felt I needed to say that)

Edit if for a pair of clogs, before " offended at everything brigade " come out in force

Ademola-Lookman.jpg

EVENING TOFFEES

November seems so long ago, things were simpler then, we won games, the future was bright. December hasnt been kind so far sadly, but never fear, just what we need, an easy home banker against relegation fodder to get the team back on track, I know right.

This will of course be a tough, tough game, Spurs are a great side with a superb manager, but they wont park the bus and we tend to play "better" when teams attack us and they will certainly attack us. A tired performance yesterday against City and hopefully the players will benefit from the 8 days rest and we should see a different team for sure.

Lots of decisions to be made, which im sure Marco will be best judged to make, but we need a win to stop us freefalling down the table, so lets hope Goodison is bouncing and the players are refreshed and ready to go.

Goats 11 to start :

Picko
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Gana
Gomes - Iceland
Lookman - DCL - Rico​
Zouma will play.

Booked flights and hotel for this when it was still Saturday afternoon, it’s now Sunday afternoon and can’t make it due to flights home. My lad is dead excited to be visiting family instead :dance:.
Tough game this, I reckon we will win 2-1. There has got to be a time soon when our luck changes and chances start going in.

First real test at home dunno what to expect

We haven't got points against 5 dross teams at home ( minus west ham whobare axtually half decent ) so don't see how we win Sunday ( be different set up though should suit us actually)

Sad to say based on recent results this could be another West Ham debacle. We seem toothless in attack no finishing in front of goal even when they are sitters. I feel no love here at all. I hope the boys prove me dead wrong.

I would go

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gomes Schneiderlin
Walcott Sigurdsson Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

I know heads are going to fall off at Schneiderlin but if Gueye isn't fit and McCarthy not ready he is the only player to give balance. He has not been tried alongside Gomes before so its worth seeing if he's the right blend. With 8 days between games Sigurdsson can recharge his batteries and will be more comfortable back as a 10. If we were against a weaker team I would have considered Davies instead of Schneiderlin and Bernard would have replaced Sigurdsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.