Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say this though, As bad as we were thought Spurs were the best side I've seen play against us in a long time
Agree Spurs for the league.I hope!We've all been saying for years we need to play attacking football against these top six clubs he tried to do that with his selection and unfortunately we got murdered.With a couple of exceptions our current players are not good enough to do that and we desperately missed Gana yeterday.

I went for DCL and agree with others about the standard of officiating. If it had been Kane scoring a goal identical to DCL's disallowed one would there have been any doubt that it was a goal not a foul, the defender not being strong enough? At the time Everton were flying and a second goal at that time could have led to a famous victory. As it was our heads dropped and Spurs took the hint that it was their day. One to forget unfortunately.

Pickford. 2/10. Whatever way you look at it, he conceded six goals and was solely responsible for one of them with a mistake even a Sunday league goalkeeper shouldn't make. After the Liverpool mistake, it's becoming too often. Needs dropping big time.

Coleman. 2/10. It's no coincidence that every one of their attacks came down his side. He'll be having nightmare about Son all over Christmas. His attacking was pathetic and his crossing somehow even worse.

Keane. 3/10. Too easily lost by the strikers and too slow alongside Zouma. Has been much better this season, but that was a horror show yesterday.

Zouma. 3/10. Annihilated by their attacking players.

Digne. 5/10. A quiet game but understandably so when everybody around him was appalling and Richarlison ahead of him was not interested.

Davies. 3/10. Fuming after seeing his name on the team sheet and proved himself once again to be miles off the quality needed. Game completely passed him by, as if he was some guy they'd pulled onto the team from the Gwladys.

Gomes. 4/10. A very rare off day. Carrying an injury after playing every single game at the heart of the side?

Richarlison. 3/10. Offered nothing whatsoever. Didn't once take on any of their players and can't remember him even having an attempt on goal.

Sigurdsson. 5/10. I'd have given 4/10 if not for his goal. Don't remember him touching the ball the entire first half. Goal well taken, but we had long since lost our heads by then.

Walcott. 5/10. Same as Sig really. A nothing game but at least he can say he has no support from Coleman at all and was able to grab a goal. He should be in those positions a lot more as he took it very nicely.

DCL. 4/10. Extremely unlucky with the disallowed goal. I can see why it was, but it was very very soft and if the defender hadn't thrown his arms up then it would have been given. In any case, aside from that he offered nothing at all, as expected.

Silva. 1/10. What he's thinking playing Davies in there I'll never know. If he's your only option then it's better to completely change formation. After they scored four I was hoping it'd end up a cricket score so that it really gets drilled home to him exactly where our weakness lie, namely at right back, centre half and up top. We urgently need two new starting xi players in January, but I don't think it'll materialise as this will be, again, viewed as a write-off season. He'll probably arrogantly put out a second choice side against Lincoln and they'll smash us out of the cup to really top off one of our worst runs of form in recent years, then we'll be hoping the side doesn't completely capitulate and plummet towards the relegation zone - it's happened with teams before.
Excellent summary. Seamus is a bit of a sacred cow in here so I note with interest that you are critical of his performance, what I have noticed (but been too timid to comment on, given Seamus’ status) is that Seamus’ crosses are not very good. I thought I was perhaps the only one to think this, so it was with pleasant surprise to see you conclude similar thinking.
As for the rest...they all stunk the gaff out. And Marco is a clueless bloke from Iberia who is learning on the job.

I’ve just been reading ref watch on the sky sports news app. It has the Pickford challenge on Ali and says he should of been sent off which probably is right. Doesn’t say anything about DCL’s disallowed goal for what was meant to be a push. I mean complete disregard to a potential game changer is ludicrous because if it was at the other end you could bet your life on it something would of been mentioned

View attachment 52236
Probably about time our moody church mouse of a manager said something about the officiating in our games.

Due to our shameful performance, the officiating has slipped under the radar.

The referee and linesmen were an absolute disgrace, completely pathetic idiots who had no business officiating a Premier league match.

It wasn't just the disallowed goal, or the incident in that picture, but the double standards of nearly every decision they made whether it was letting every marginal offside call go for them whilst blowing for every one of ours or whether it was allowing their defenders to throw their body weight into challenges against our forwards but when our guys did the same thing back it was an instant free kick.

That's three matches now we've had against the money clubs in this league (out of 6) where referees have made garbage, game changing decisions against us.

Did we deserve anything against Spurs, of course not, but due to the referee we should have been 2 nil up and who knows what might have happened?

That disallowed goal shouldn’t have been marked off.

2-0, different game.

True but you have to keep your discipline, shape and concentration - particularly against a team like Spurs. Try and get a stranglehold on the game and make it horrible for them - make them have to earn the right to play. Instead it was like the parting of the Red Sea with a welcome mat laid down to boot.

Due to our shameful performance, the officiating has slipped under the radar.

The referee and linesmen were an absolute disgrace, completely pathetic idiots who had no business officiating a Premier league match.

It wasn't just the disallowed goal, or the incident in that picture, but the double standards of nearly every decision they made whether it was letting every marginal offside call go for them whilst blowing for every one of ours or whether it was allowing their defenders to throw their body weight into challenges against our forwards but when our guys did the same thing back it was an instant free kick.

That's three matches now we've had against the money clubs in this league (out of 6) where referees have made garbage, game changing decisions against us.

Did we deserve anything against Spurs, of course not, but due to the referee we should have been 2 nil up and who knows what might have happened?
If you lose 6-2at home you deserve to lose regardless of what happens. But the officiating has been dreadful for us all season and I feel if he says something a la Roy Hodgson-Zaha (can’t belive I just said that) we may see some pressure put on the pathetic pieces of plasticine that refereee our games

There was nothing wrong with the DCL goal. Had it stood, would have been 2-0 up after 25 minutes.

You can't say with certainty that the game would have panned out the same had we made it 2-0.

I'm angry with Pickford, with the team and Silva's tactics yesterday. But I am absolutely livid with the officiating of yesterdays game.

they still would have slotted at least 5 of their 58 chances.. we could of scored 4 and STILL lost

Status
Not open for further replies.