2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the one player who the defence can liook to for an outball
His first touch and control is exquisite
He rarely lets the ball get away from him and can hold on to it in tight spaces
He does give it away a bit but he has a pure footballing brain
Imagine if Barkley had his brain and Lukaku had his touch

Very surprised by this comment as I feel the total opposite. Bernard has great ability but I feel his problem is he doesn't have a good footballing brain, thus why he gives it away so much.

I originally hoped we had the next Steven pienaar with this guy, but from what I've seen he's half the player pienaar was for us. Just 1 assist and no goals in 14/15 appearances is very poor and his goals/assists at shakhtar were not much better.

I'm thinking Bernard doesn't add much to our team at all and he and Walcott are the reason we are not turning draws into wins at the moment.

Should we give Bernard time? Possibly, but I'm starting to think that what we are seeing from him now is what we will get from him and I'm not sure that's enough.

Slip slidin’ away
Slip slidin’ away
You know the closer I get to goal
The more I keep slip slidin’ away

He’s smaller than Osman
He came from Shakhtar Donetsk
His passion is now for Everton
We only take the best
He said, “I know the fans live in fear
When it gets to sixty minutes
I’m afraid I always disappear”

Slip slidin’ away
Slip slidin’ away
You know the longer I play in slippers

Slip slidin’ away
Slip slidin’ away
You know the closer I get to goal

He’s smaller than Osman
He came from Shakhtar Donetsk
His passion is now for Everton
We only take the best
He said, “I know the fans live in fear
When it gets to sixty minutes
I’m afraid I always disappear”

Slip slidin’ away
Slip slidin’ away
You know the longer I play in slippers

Not sure what fun you get out of making up stuff like this about our players.

Very surprised by this comment as I feel the total opposite. Bernard has great ability but I feel his problem is he doesn't have a good footballing brain, thus why he gives it away so much.

I originally hoped we had the next Steven pienaar with this guy, but from what I've seen he's half the player pienaar was for us. Just 1 assist and no goals in 14/15 appearances is very poor and his goals/assists at shakhtar were not much better.

I'm thinking Bernard doesn't add much to our team at all and he and Walcott are the reason we are not turning draws into wins at the moment.

Should we give Bernard time? Possibly, but I'm starting to think that what we are seeing from him now is what we will get from him and I'm not sure that's enough.
He’s created more chances per 90 m than other player in the PL with the exception of David Silva 2.9 to Silvas 3.0
If the other players don’t take the chances that’s not his fault
Those are the stats

He’s created more chances per 90 m than other player in the PL with the exception of David Silva 2.9 to Silvas 3.0
If the other players don’t take the chances that’s not his fault
Those are the stats
Really? Fair play, can't argue with that. Catch 22 being that he is probably suffering from no out and out number nine and yet if/when we get one he'll be pushed out the side to make room for him!

Hasn't been outstanding lately but he's been here three months and has only played 10 games.

I get that the Sky era has bred impatience but this is next-level stupidity to be writing him off - or indeed declaring him the next David Silva - after a ridiculously short amount of time.

Patience eh?

I think he’s at his best in flowing moves. He keeps it moving.

Never easy to judge players who are not fully fit and he looks around 75% to me.
Watford worked out he would be no match down the right in the second half.
Seems to lack composure around the box and tries to take things too early.

There are always those who are too impatient, such as saying we should be up there challenging the top 5 etc, and that with only a short time since Silva inherited Sam's mess and lousy squad. Although Bernard is raising doubts concerning his suitability/capability at this level, it is legitimate to say for almost nil cost he was worth the gamble and it is still early days for him. Would I bet he will make the grade and make a great contribution to our future? No.

Reminds me a bit of Osman, with more potential and a bit more speed.

Osman fir years was stuck on the wing and was inconsistent, because when he came up against good full backs, he didn’t have the speed or power to hurt them. Once Cahill left and he got a few more games inside, I think that suited him better. Unfortunately he was coming towards the end then.

I think Bernard could be the same, would definitely like to see him play a few games in siggurdsson position to see how he does

Don't think he actually gets bullied off the ball and don't agree with the not strong enough shouts. Just think it's an easy assessment to make because of his size. Richarlison goes down a lot easier when hassled, but because of his height he doesn't get the "not strong enough" label.
Totally agree with this, haven't seen him get muscled off the ball at all, but I've seen it happen to richarlison and gomes to name a couple

Don't think he actually gets bullied off the ball and don't agree with the not strong enough shouts. Just think it's an easy assessment to make because of his size. Richarlison goes down a lot easier when hassled, but because of his height he doesn't get the "not strong enough" label.

Richarlison doesn't need to go down, but it only takes the slightest touch and he falls over, I just hope it doesn't get to the point with him where he's falling over when a defender literally just looks at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.