January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally didn’t see Brands / Silva wanting a Gabigol or Josef Martinez type, but I’ll trust their judgement. Hard to tell if either are good enough as the leagues just aren’t close to the PL. Martinez is awesome in MLS, probably the best player in the entire league, but he’s awfully short. Strong and fast, super competitive, but that’s a big jump.

Just noticed we have the 5th best defence in the league (conceded 1 more than Spurs).
Defence dosent need looking at at all while there are more pressing issues it seems

I think we'll take a striker on loan, but that's about it

It won't be a flashy or exciting signing either, which will cause everyone to bleat like whinging sheep

I'm still not 100% sure we need anything.....*waits for people to fume*..... right now.

Realistically this season is going about as well as it can be. We're not going to win anything (unless some miracle happens in the FA Cup which our current squad could win with a bit of fortune going our way). We don't need to push on yet.

In the summer though, I feel we need a fair bit then to have a real go next season after this transition type season.

I personally didn’t see Brands / Silva wanting a Gabigol or Josef Martinez type, but I’ll trust their judgement. Hard to tell if either are good enough as the leagues just aren’t close to the PL. Martinez is awesome in MLS, probably the best player in the entire league, but he’s awfully short. Strong and fast, super competitive, but that’s a big jump.

Wasn’t he bang average for Torino too?

I'm still not 100% sure we need anything.....*waits for people to fume*..... right now.

Realistically this season is going about as well as it can be. We're not going to win anything (unless some miracle happens in the FA Cup which our current squad could win with a bit of fortune going our way). We don't need to push on yet.

In the summer though, I feel we need a fair bit then to have a real go next season after this transition type season.

If we can get 6th with what we have now it’d be a right surprise for me.

Similar build to Aguero and he aint doing too bad in the prem. He scores a lot of headed goals for a small fella Martinez. Worth a punt for the prices being quoted if we can offload Cenk and Niasse.

Status
Not open for further replies.