Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Tell you one thing not a fan of winter at all, compared to summer its nite and day

Basically just wanna sleep all the time.. just general mood is lower, roll on the summer

Me too. I'm a ginger so you would think the sun disappearing would be something I look forward to. Have you tried sunbed I'm led to believe it works but not always convinced by these things?

There’s no doubt in my mind that winter conditions affect people, lack of daylight etc, some people find those SAD lamps affective.
My step daughter suffers badly from Bipolar Disorder and recently dipped to her lowest point in about 10 years, really bad , zombie like state, monosyllabic answers , not able to get out of bed for long periods . Worryingly her meds are proving ineffective and she’s close to being hospitalised. This has happened now about this time of year for about the past four years , and there’s for me definitely a winter connection.

Theres a reason some animals hibernate all winter isnt there

We could learn a lot off animals. I could just do with 4 months sleep. Have you thought about a holiday abroad? I've talked about it but last year when I went away I fell out with the lad I went on holiday with so instead of cheering me up it had the opposite effect. I did feel good though when I went from drabness here to bright sunshine.

We could learn a lot off animals. I could just do with 4 months sleep. Have you thought about a holiday abroad? I've talked about it but last year when I went away I fell out with the lad I went on holiday with so instead of cheering me up it had the opposite effect. I did feel good though when I went from drabness here to bright sunshine.
Yer but i recon when u come home from the holiday it would be even worse wouldnt it!

Yer but i recon when u come home from the holiday it would be even worse wouldnt it!

It depends on whether you had good time. I had awful time it made me worse so my theory is if you have good time you will benefit. Just avoid going on holiday with a book reading, Kopite, posh [Poor language removed], control freak with no respect for women and you'll be fine. That description is all the same person. I actually can't believe we were ever friends. I think if I went with any of my decent mates when I came back I would have had the blues but then I think I would have had the memories that would make me cheerful plus a weeks worth of sun which would combat some if the SAD.

I have often wondered if I suffered from SAD because I always feel lower this time of year but it’s also strangely enough my favourite time of year. I went on holiday over the weekend for a break, it was amazing, but I’ve come back and that contrast has made me flatter.

I have often wondered if I suffered from SAD because I always feel lower this time of year but it’s also strangely enough my favourite time of year. I went on holiday over the weekend for a break, it was amazing, but I’ve come back and that contrast has made me flatter.

Hopefully you'll get a lift soon. Do you have any photos or other memento that you can look at to remind you of your time there? I know that can go either way but worth a try!

Pre kids I used to get like this when I came back from Summer Holidays, especially after the one where I`d spent a month in Greece.

The reality of normality hits you badly when you come back.

I think most have suffered this at some point, hence why people retire of the likes of Spain when they retire, only to eventually become just as bored, but in the sun !

It`s just human nature mate.

Screenshot 2018-11-09 at 4.48.38 PM.png

My book has been published. Check it out on Amazon everyone! This book can help those struggling with anxiety and other mental health issues. I myself struggled with hypochondria for years but healed myself through meditation and various forms of self-analysis.

God Bless you all.

Hi all, I really need some help

obviously ive been quite vocal In here recently about having a breakdown and being diagnosed manic depressive with bipolar tendencies and being in a much better place on medication now etc

well I had also spoke in here a while back over cutting ties with my family over lies my bipolar mother (who has stopped her meds at that time) had spread about me and my wife

well almost 2 years on my mum has just text me out the blue this morning saying "don't you think its time we called a truce, there is no winners and losers and life is too short"

I can only assume she has seen pics of my 7 month old lad via my brother and that has caused her to finally get in touch

I don't know what to do, or what to say in reply, and I feel like im going to have a panic attack over it

I have always said id be more than willing to be the bigger person if she ever made the first move, but was not willing to make the first move myself as she is the kind of person who would just assume I wanted something from her

I know it will have taken the world for her to send that message, and I am willing to at least converse at this point, but I don't know what to say

any advice is much appreciated guys

(shows the immense value of this thread that other than my wife and best friend this is the first place I have turned to)

Hi all, I really need some help

obviously ive been quite vocal In here recently about having a breakdown and being diagnosed manic depressive with bipolar tendencies and being in a much better place on medication now etc

well I had also spoke in here a while back over cutting ties with my family over lies my bipolar mother (who has stopped her meds at that time) had spread about me and my wife

well almost 2 years on my mum has just text me out the blue this morning saying "don't you think its time we called a truce, there is no winners and losers and life is too short"

I can only assume she has seen pics of my 7 month old lad via my brother and that has caused her to finally get in touch

I don't know what to do, or what to say in reply, and I feel like im going to have a panic attack over it

I have always said id be more than willing to be the bigger person if she ever made the first move, but was not willing to make the first move myself as she is the kind of person who would just assume I wanted something from her

I know it will have taken the world for her to send that message, and I am willing to at least converse at this point, but I don't know what to say

any advice is much appreciated guys

(shows the immense value of this thread that other than my wife and best friend this is the first place I have turned to)

Before you get in touch with her, is there anyway you can do a bit of digging via your brother to see what`s caused her to have a change of heart ?

The last bit - " life is too short ", says to me that something may have happened to make her get in touch.

I`d try and get as full picture as possible before contacting her - forewarned is forearmed etc.

If you do meet up again I`d meet up at a neutral venue to start with and deffo not hers. That way she`ll be less liable to kick off, plus she`s away from her comfort zone.