Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Really good interview with Anthony Knockaert about his depression: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/01/anthony-knockaert-brighton-interview-depression

What I took from it is:

1. Life can get you no matter what you've got going on. Sometimes it will throw things at you one after the other and no matter how strong we may think we are we've all got a breaking point.

2. No matter how bad things get, they can always get better so never give up

3. Support of other people, a therapist or friends or family or whoever, is really important. It's hard to suffer alone.

Really good interview with Anthony Knockaert about his depression: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/01/anthony-knockaert-brighton-interview-depression

What I took from it is:

1. Life can get you no matter what you've got going on. Sometimes it will throw things at you one after the other and no matter how strong we may think we are we've all got a breaking point.

2. No matter how bad things get, they can always get better so never give up

3. Support of other people, a therapist or friends or family or whoever, is really important. It's hard to suffer alone.

4. Its totally NORMAL, and can be sorted.

Another day more [Poor language removed].
So last weekend ( my weekend with my daughter) my wife makes plans for her and my daughter but then her last two scheduled weekends with my daughter my wife has left my daughter with her grand parents once all weekend and then tonight also for the evening and gone off on the piss with me having no say or knowledge.
I just feel like I don't exist as a dad anymore and if I question it I'm just abused but I think I should have as much rights as anyone to what happens to my child if her mum has plans.

Sorry for the late reply regarding sky disney and my daughter. I think I haven't explained myself quite right. I probably could afford disney but what is the point me having sky. I work away all week and watch little tv at weekends then see my daughter for 2 nights in 14.
That would just be a ridiculous outlay in my eyes and not value for my money. My daughter just sees the bad in me all the time.

Sorry for the late reply regarding sky disney and my daughter. I think I haven't explained myself quite right. I probably could afford disney but what is the point me having sky. I work away all week and watch little tv at weekends then see my daughter for 2 nights in 14.
That would just be a ridiculous outlay in my eyes and not value for my money. My daughter just sees the bad in me all the time.

13 is a really hard age to deal with parents divorcing mate. I was 12 when mine did and it was really hard.

And so many kids that age think they hate their parents for so many irrational reasons. Stick with it mate.

Is there anything else she enjoys doing that you can entertain her with when she comes over?

Forget the footy for one moment, I just need to vent a bit before bed.

Still not taking any medication, it's been close to 3 weeks now. My moods have been quite ratty, little things people do really, really irritate me. I'm extremely fed up at work and in my personal life as well. I explained a few weeks ago how my friend in the place left unceremoniously, since it's been how I feared. I spend the days with no motivation, the work is drying up and becoming very boring and there's nobody to even chat with now to make the time go quicker. I'm half tempted to just resign if not now then after Christmas. I am looking for a new job but going a few weeks or even months without one is something I'm lucky enough to be in the position to be alright. If this week is anything like last week then I might just go ahead and resign. Can't be doing with anymore of this rubbish, sitting in the office doing tedious work when the people around me are thick as plant pots and the business itself is well on the wind down. What's the point?

Personal life is fine but uneventful. Still single and have nothing going on but whatever, I don't obsess over it any more like I maybe was about a year ago. I just see mates when I can and am trying to get fitter. I want life to get on with things at its own pace but I do wish something eventful to happen soon.

Right now everything feels so boring and in a rut and I dread waking up in the mornings because the days feel like they'll be rubbish. I don't think going off the meds has been the main reason for the way I feel either, it's not helped but even if I were still on them the situation would be the same. I feel like my life badly needs a kick start.

Still not taking any medication, it's been close to 3 weeks now. My moods have been quite ratty, little things people do really, really irritate me. I'm extremely fed up at work and in my personal life as well. I explained a few weeks ago how my friend in the place left unceremoniously, since it's been how I feared. I spend the days with no motivation, the work is drying up and becoming very boring and there's nobody to even chat with now to make the time go quicker. I'm half tempted to just resign if not now then after Christmas. I am looking for a new job but going a few weeks or even months without one is something I'm lucky enough to be in the position to be alright. If this week is anything like last week then I might just go ahead and resign. Can't be doing with anymore of this rubbish, sitting in the office doing tedious work when the people around me are thick as plant pots and the business itself is well on the wind down. What's the point?

Personal life is fine but uneventful. Still single and have nothing going on but whatever, I don't obsess over it any more like I maybe was about a year ago. I just see mates when I can and am trying to get fitter. I want life to get on with things at its own pace but I do wish something eventful to happen soon.

Right now everything feels so boring and in a rut and I dread waking up in the mornings because the days feel like they'll be rubbish. I don't think going off the meds has been the main reason for the way I feel either, it's not helped but even if I were still on them the situation would be the same. I feel like my life badly needs a kick start.

I know you say that you don't think that coming off the meds is the main problem but it really can't have helped. I'd get back to your GP and ask for review of the situation.

I'm probably not the best person to advise on social life but it sounds to me like you need to try something different. Maybe join a club or something and try to meet some new people. Perhaps something as simple as you and a mate trying a new bar.

If you can get your head round the fact that all of ^^^^^^ that is totally normal, and your brain is working for you to make it boring and rubbish, as opposed to a full blown panic attack or worse, coping with it is a hell lot easier.

Being off meds for nearly a month tells me your brain is in some sort of balance, which is good. Basically, life can suck. As long as the worst you feel is down in the dumps, and you can still function, (which it seems you can), believe me, you are way further down the road than perhaps you feel you are.