Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Had a very wild few days. Me and a girl I've known for a few months basically got very drunk on a night out and admitted we fancy one another. We exchanged numbers and have spent most of today talking and flirting. She seems VERY keen and wants to for meet up for a date of sorts soon as soon as she can sort of someone to babysit for her (we're the same age like but she has a daughter from a previous relationship).

I'm trying to just play this one by ear, I like her a lot but don't want to jump into something too fast. Hopefully things continue to go good because I've spent months wanting something interesting to come along and now it has, hopefully it just doesn't end in headache for me.

Had a very wild few days. Me and a girl I've known for a few months basically got very drunk on a night out and admitted we fancy one another. We exchanged numbers and have spent most of today talking and flirting. She seems VERY keen and wants to for meet up for a date of sorts soon as soon as she can sort of someone to babysit for her (we're the same age like but she has a daughter from a previous relationship).

I'm trying to just play this one by ear, I like her a lot but don't want to jump into something too fast. Hopefully things continue to go good because I've spent months wanting something interesting to come along and now it has, hopefully it just doesn't end in headache for me.

Sounds good mate; just take things slow, be communicative and don’t hesitate to pull up if it doesn’t feel right or it’s going too fast. Women prefer honesty.

How did it go? @SiEdmo

hi mate, sorry I didn't come on for an update before now I only really get a chance to come on here in work

so I met her, and it went as well as it probably could have done

she is the same woman at the end of the day and there is going to be some traits she can never shake, however she did seem more level headed (she is back on her meds) and she agreed that things could have been dealt with in so many better ways

she even admitted a few things that she had said where in the heat of argument and were not actually true

we agreed a clean slate between everyone, and I said "when I say clean, I mean clean, if anyone makes so much as a face or a word, then I wont have it", she agreed with this

I then messaged her a few hours later to see if she had talked it through with my step dad and if he agreed (he has always kept out of things to be fair to him) that it was the best course of action

I then invited her to meet my son yday morning, they only came for an hour or so but "a start" was all it was supposed to be, it was nice, made me feel happy, my lad started getting a bit ratty as he was tired and she calmed him and rocked him to sleep, and I just thought 'look how good she is at this, how stupid that so much time has been wasted'

so all positive so far, I am tentatively pleased, but lets see how it goes

Sounds good mate; just take things slow, be communicative and don’t hesitate to pull up if it doesn’t feel right or it’s going too fast. Women prefer honesty.
This
And dont be scared/Worried of what might happen in future just enjoy it for what it is and see how it goes
You can back out at any time so no need to over think

I echo others on this mate, because its what you have been craving just be careful not to go all in too quick haha

good luck mate hope all goes well

Not sure tonight helped!!
In some ways I regret getting involved in liking football, it makes you feel great when you get a good result, borderline suicidal when you lose. I still haven't got over the derby defeat, I've been having a poor time in general, but that just added to my problems. A good result from the blues, always makes you feel better no matter whats going on in your life. I don't know how a lot of lads are still in relationships, sometimes I can't even talk to people after Everton lose. It's no surprise the pubs are always full round GP, because most of the time we either drink for dutch courage or to drown our sorrows.

We could learn a lot off animals. I could just do with 4 months sleep. Have you thought about a holiday abroad? I've talked about it but last year when I went away I fell out with the lad I went on holiday with so instead of cheering me up it had the opposite effect. I did feel good though when I went from drabness here to bright sunshine.

Earliest sunset of the year today.

In some ways I regret getting involved in liking football, it makes you feel great when you get a good result, borderline suicidal when you lose. I still haven't got over the derby defeat, I've been having a poor time in general, but that just added to my problems. A good result from the blues, always makes you feel better no matter whats going on in your life. I don't know how a lot of lads are still in relationships, sometimes I can't even talk to people after Everton lose. It's no surprise the pubs are always full round GP, because most of the time we either drink for dutch courage or to drown our sorrows.
I don't let football get to me if it all possible. Have no control over the outcome so I can't change what happens.

Earliest sunset of the year today.

Tell me about it. Yesterday was bad enough. Is 21st December not the earliest sunset? I'm good today at the moment because I got myself to the gym and the endorphins have done me no end of good. I was lethargic Monday and Tuesday due to going out on Friday night and then drinking again at a christening. As much as I enjoy the nights the days after sessions are always painful. Think Boxing Night will be my next big drink hopefully we will win so will make the following days better!

Tell me about it. Yesterday was bad enough. Is 21st December not the earliest sunset? I'm good today at the moment because I got myself to the gym and the endorphins have done me no end of good. I was lethargic Monday and Tuesday due to going out on Friday night and then drinking again at a christening. As much as I enjoy the nights the days after sessions are always painful. Think Boxing Night will be my next big drink hopefully we will win so will make the following days better!

If I know I`m going out for a big night ( very rare these days ), I always make sure that I have nothing at all to do the following day, due to the massive downer the hangover brings with it.

If I have anything to do at all the day after I really moderate my drinking, as I find it very difficult to cope otherwise.

People have learnt now that they can`t goad me into drinking and I get left alone when I slow down or stop.

It`s about managing it mate ;)

If I know I`m going out for a big night ( very rare these days ), I always make sure that I have nothing at all to do the following day, due to the massive downer the hangover brings with it.

If I have anything to do at all the day after I really moderate my drinking, as I find it very difficult to cope otherwise.

People have learnt now that they can`t goad me into drinking and I get left alone when I slow down or stop.

It`s about managing it mate ;)

I definitely don't plan anything as it would never happen it was just annoying that it ran into Tuesday as well. I can no longer drink vodka as it has really bad effects on my mood. I'll be glad when it turns round and starts to get warmer and dark later as combination of cold, dark and hangover compounded things. As I say brighter today but how long will that last? If we beat City on Saturday I'm sure that will help also. Gonna put a coupon on all Premier League results for weekend except ours. It'll only be £1 stake but should give me a little boost if it comes in.