January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But does anyone know the last time a year long loan deal was cut short because a club wanted to buy the player before the loan deal has ended? I've never heard of that before.

He is here until the summer, and during that period, the risk of serious injury will lay with Barcelona.
Not that I am saying it is "recent" but we have history of doing it ourselves with Tim Howard.

Need to have pace
Need to be able to press from the front all game
Needs to be skillful enough and clever enough to link up play.
Needs to be smart enough to adapt to the system.
Needs to be a 1:2 type scorer (15 goals a season etc) ideally.

Basically that's ofc the top of my head tge type of requirements I'd think Silva would need for any striker we spent decent t wedge on. Can pretty much rule out most of the striker shouts on here really.

Exactly.

@sageyefc's shout for Rodrigo is a good one, but the lad has had a bit of an off season so far himself and suppose there's always the Sandro risk.

But it's a very particular type of player needed if we're going to persist with it and, on the evidence of last night, it's by far our best way of playing.

I want someone like Son upfront.

Son, with a bit more strength, is probably what Silva wants. Those players are world class talents, like.

Richarlison is what, 6ft? He's strong in the air, runs for days and really skillful. Also very quick. He's able to drop deep, drift wide, run in behind or hold the ball up.

He isn't perfect and is still learning but if we do go for a striker it has to be that type of player because that's the type of player that fits the system Silva evidently prefers.

I don't have any stats, but I really have the feeling we test the opposition goalkeeper far too little in most games.

Most people would say our football in general has improved a lot, and the likes of Bernard, Sigurdsson and Richarlison will always be a danger to the opposition.

Gomes and Gueye do a brilliant job in midfield and I'm more than satisfied with our defensive options.

That said, despite our attacking players being dangerous, we really overplay a lot and either fluff most of our chances or have them snuffed out by the opposition. This is a big problem.

Tosun is not good enough, and the same applies to DCL and Niasse. Richarlison has scored the goals but nobody is sure if he's the answer in the leading attacking role as he's so good on the left.

We need a deadly finisher who can also play cute football. Who that is is anybodies guess, but I hope Brands has got that type of player on his radar.

Tosun is too slow and not good enough with his feet for our system.

DCL isn't a finisher but can improve in the future, but imo never will be a genuine starter for us up top.

Niasse will be sold asap.

Striker desperately needed to turn tight games in our favour. Five draws already this season - joint second highest in the league alongside United, and one behind Southampton.

We ought to be able to free up significant funds by selling Niasse, Schneiderlin and possibly agreeing permanent deals for Mirallas, Besic and Bolasie. I see about 20-25m all in for those 5.

Bear in mind that's also about 350k a week in wages off the books too.

All that on one striker, and if he proves a success I'd start offering Tosun an exit path in the summer too.

Son, with a bit more strength, is probably what Silva wants. Those players are world class talents, like.

Richarlison is what, 6ft? He's strong in the air, runs for days and really skillful. Also very quick. He's able to drop deep, drift wide, run in behind or hold the ball up.

He isn't perfect and is still learning but if we do go for a striker it has to be that type of player because that's the type of player that fits the system Silva evidently prefers.

Dom ;)

I don't have any stats, but I really have the feeling we test the opposition goalkeeper far too little in most games.

Most people would say our football in general has improved a lot, and the likes of Bernard, Sigurdsson and Richarlison will always be a danger to the opposition.

Gomes and Gueye do a brilliant job in midfield and I'm more than satisfied with our defensive options.

That said, despite our attacking players being dangerous, we really overplay a lot and either fluff most of our chances or have them snuffed out by the opposition. This is a big problem.

Tosun is not good enough, and the same applies to DCL and Niasse. Richarlison has scored the goals but nobody is sure if he's the answer in the leading attacking role as he's so good on the left.

We need a deadly finisher who can also play cute football. Who that is is anybodies guess, but I hope Brands has got that type of player on his radar.

Tosun is too slow and not good enough with his feet for our system.

DCL isn't a finisher but can improve in the future, but imo never will be a genuine starter for us up top.

Niasse will be sold asap.

Striker desperately needed to turn tight games in our favour. Five draws already this season - joint second highest in the league alongside United, and one behind Southampton.

Apparently 9th in the league for total shots on target.

Dont know but Brands surely must have a list of decent targets?

Off the top of my head

Werner
Dzeko
Rashford
Willian Jose
Belotti
Batshuyai
Bacca
Off that list rashford only one I’d like maybe batshiyai

In my opinion brands and Silva did wonders from where we were and I’m good with just waiting to see what happens.

Sam wounds are healing nicely so all is good.

It’s a couple window project

Andre Gomes permanent contract MUST be our priority. After that we need an out and out striker, I would go for that Ben Yedder of Sevilla.

Andre Gomes permanent contract MUST be our priority. After that we need an out and out striker, I would go for that Ben Yedder of Sevilla.

He's a good poacher but doesn't offer much else, and certainly not the strength/pressing up top tbh

Again, easy to pick names of good strikers out, but it's more about what type of player fits what we need.

Striker
Right Back
DM who can match Gana’s energy & break up play, but can pass.

Hopefully offload a few.
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Niasse
Jags
Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.