Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s played 2 games upfront for us and scored in one of them. What evidence is there that he’s better out wide? Silva wants Bernard in the team that much is clear and Tosun and DCL don’t seem as effective from the start.

Richarlison is definitely our best option up top at present but I dont think its his natural position long term. If we could have him out wide with Bernard eventually taking Siggurdsson's place in the number 10 role and a pacey striker up top who can get us 15+ goals a season we'll be much more potent imo.

play Tosun.

as much as some transfers made were necessary, i'm getting sick of wanting new players every window just for the sake of it. get this team consolidated until the summer and then bring in a top player or two.

Last edited:
Richarlison is definitely our best option up top at present but I dont think its his natural position long term. If we could have him out wide with Bernard eventually taking Siggurdsson's place in the number 10 role and a pacey striker up top who can get us 15+ goals a season we'll be much more potent imo.
How is that? Gylfis been one of our best players this season, and Bernard made one good start and one okey one.

How is that? Gylfis been one of our best players this season, and Bernard made one good start and one okey one.

Siggurdsson is one of those players who does nothing all game then can score a blinder. I think Bernard has the ability to thrive in that 10 position ala David Silva in his prime and can make those passes to unlock tight defences.

Gylfi is also 30 next season and long term the likes of him, Coleman and Walcott will start to be moved into more of a rotational squad role imo. Bernard has only just turned 26 so in 2-3 seasons time he'll still be part of the starting 11 if he remains at the club.

I doubt under Brands we'll be keeping players well past their best like we have done with the likes of Jags, Distin, Howard etc. Over the years.

Your posts get weirder by the day.

Im just not a hypocrite mate. People were slagging Gylfi off until his strike at Leicester now he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's good but he certainly isn't a guaranteed player in that number 10 role and over the coming seasons the more Silva and Brands build our side the more we'll start to look for those pacey, low centre of gravity playmakers for that role like Bernard, Coutinho, Silva who can unlock a defence / have pace to hit teams on the break.

Im just not a hypocrite mate. People were slagging Gylfi off until his strike at Leicester now he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's good but he certainly isn't a guaranteed player in that number 10 role and over the coming seasons the more Silva and Brands build our side the more we'll start to look for those pacey, low centre of gravity playmakers for that role like Bernard, Coutinho, Silva who can unlock a defence / have pace to hit teams on the break.
Bernard has played in 2 games in the Prem & played almost all his career as a left winger yet you think we should just ditch possibly our best player this season in Sigurdsson and put Bernard there.......weird .

Bernard has played in 2 games in the Prem & played almost all his career as a left winger yet you think we should just ditch possibly our best player this season in Sigurdsson and put Bernard there.......weird .

Again Siggurdsson was hounded until the 2nd half Against Fulham and Leicester the revisionism is astounding.

He's decent but he doesnt do enough over the course of 90 minutes to be the guaranteed playmaker of the side especially long term considering he's approaching 30.

Bernard has played 2 games and grabbed 2 assists. He has all the characteristics to play in the 10 position.

I think he is making a comparison to a silva type of player. Weird nah just exciting times now that we are no longer setting up not to lose games. Correct he does not play 10. FIFA generation.

Again Siggurdsson was hounded until the 2nd half Against Fulham and Leicester the revisionism is astounding.

He's decent but he doesnt do enough over the course of 90 minutes to be the guaranteed playmaker of the side especially long term considering he's approaching 30.

Bernard has played 2 games and grabbed 2 assists. He has all the characteristics to play in the 10 position.

you can't knock gilfy's effort, ever. Some on here have tried but its absurd. The give it all every game. I still don't think he was worth the 45m. He was a luxury buy for sure, when we were no where near in need of luxury. I still think he brings something to the table and gives his all, unlike the fraud.

Damn good job you dont pick our line ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.