THE 2018/19 Everton Ladies WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton Ladies 6-0 LA Salsa. Nice start to this tournament, though LA is a semi-pro side. Hopefully this served as good warm up.

Next up Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.
I thought our players are semi pros? Only about 3 WSL clubs pay their players a full time salary and Everton are surely not one of them. I could be wrong though. Someone will say which it is.

Everton Ladies turned full time last year-there 1st season as a full time club was the one just gone,

The likes of ex everton captain michelle hingham,had to leave Everton as she could not do her Job as a teacher,and commit to a full-time career at Everton

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification - I thought they were full time now, but hadn't looked to confirm it.

I'm sure no one is getting rich playing in this league, but if they can make a living and chase a dream, that's a pretty good thing.

Thanks for the clarification - I thought they were full time now, but hadn't looked to confirm it.

I'm sure no one is getting rich playing in this league, but if they can make a living and chase a dream, that's a pretty good thing.

Little touch more about it

The Toffees have been operating as a part-time club since their origins as Hoylake FC in 1983, becoming Everton Ladies Football Club in 1995.
The FA introduced the Women’s Super League in 2011, with the aim of creating a full-time top division within the women’s game.

And with Everton taking the vacant spot in WSL 1 for the 2017/18 campaign following Notts County’s liquidation, the Club took the decision to transition into a full-time organisation.

Everton lost the semi final 1-0 to a 39th min goal v Real Betis Feminas in the 3rd game of the Womens Friendship Tournament

Next up is the WSL cup game v Durham,2 weeks sunday, which i am certain will have radio com with the 2 previous games been on radio
and yes its confirmed the cup game in few weeks [26th aug] with midday ko is on here http://dhradio.org.uk/wordpress/

Last edited:
Everton lost the semi final 1-0 to a 39th min goal v Real Betis Feminas in the 3rd game of the Womens Friendship Tournament

Next up is the WSL cup game v Durham,2 weeks sunday, which i am certain will have radio com with the 2 previous games been on radio
and yes its confirmed the cup game in few weeks [26th aug] with midday ko is on here http://dhradio.org.uk/wordpress/
Has the home games venue been confirmed yet mate?

SUNDAY 26TH AUGUST MIDDAY KO
CONTINENTAL TYRES CUP
DURHAM WOMEN 1 EVERTON LADIES 0

Everton began the season in the cup v Durham who were playing there 2nd game in the comp after a heavy defeat last week,and it was
Durham who took the lead on 21mins when Zoe ness gained possession after a mix up in the Everton back line,and shot bottom corner beating Everton keeper Levell,just 3mins later Everton were very nearly back level when Danielle Turner had a shot come back of the post,Turner had Everton next ok chance when she shot over on 38,before on 44 Kagmaan had a great chance over the bar from a Bryson cross ,1-0 Durham it was at half time

2nd half and Everton had 2 quick free kicks at the edge of the area on the hour mark,were both chances went over the bar,the efforts were from Worm and Gabby George,it was nearly 2 when another mess up were our defender make a back pass,past our own keeper just went wide,Everton were not there best at all this game despite having a lot of the ball,The crowd at a very wet NEW FERENS PARK was 284,which is a decent crowd for them,it ended 1-0 to Durham for there 1st win in the cup in 3 attempts over 3 season v Everton,The next Everton Ladies game is the 1st game in the WSL in 2 weeks away to Birmingham Women,with the next game in the cup been the Reading game on 16th sep,were the time and venue has not been confirmed and probably wont be till the week before,or very close to ko

DURHAM SCORER ZOE NESS LEFT CELEBRATING HER GOAL AND THE WINNER
DlhkKnmX0AAcThr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.