Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Everton want to play attacking football, but at 2-0 up away from home with 15 minutes to go, it is okay now and again to shut up shop, take Davies off and bring Zouma on with an extra one at the back.

I guarantee with this then Wilson wouldn't have got the penalty from been caught between Keane and baines.

Come on Everton
I agree but it's not how Silva plays. Last week he could have put Zouma on to shut it out but he brought two strikers on to push them back. I do agree he should have made changes in the last twenty though.

Part of the secret of being a good footballer is not to give the ref a decision to make.
Jags red was due to a poor first touch. But he shouldn't be first team any more. Manager issue.
Richy's red was due to being naive. Still young and learning. But if he does it again and again, plenty of time watching games will be his future.
Needs managing, queue Marco.

Just beat teams playing football and take the ref out the equation as best as possible.

I agree but it's not how Silva plays. Last week he could have put Zouma on to shut it out but he brought two strikers on to push them back. I do agree he should have made changes in the last twenty though.
I'm confused. So Silva's teams don't play defense? Of course they do. Agree that changes would've been a good idea.

I'm confused. So Silva's teams don't play defense? Of course they do. Agree that changes would've been a good idea.

Silva prefers to keep the opposition team stretched to some extent, rather than falling deep and soak up pressure.

For this to work, the defensive players need to look for passing alternatives for the whole 90 mins. Defending by keeping the ball away from the opposing attackers, at lest for short spells.

Bournemouth fan here having a quick look at what you thought of yesterday’s match. For what it’s worth I thought a draw was a fair result with both teams playing well and badly in patches. I too would’ve been livid giving away a penalty like that at 2-0 up had the roles been reversed. I thought both red cards were soft although strangely I thought you looked better after Richarlison went off. Silva is clearly still building a team but I think you look clear favourites to finish 7th. For us, I just want us to stay in the league until we get a new ground and our start puts us in a good position to secure our status this year.

Before I go, all these comments about us rolling over for Liverpool every year aren’t backed up by the facts; we had bad results last season when Liverpool were very strong but we beat them at home and drew at Anfield the season before - I see that you haven’t beaten them in 8 years!

I understand that Everton want to play attacking football, but at 2-0 up away from home with 15 minutes to go, it is okay now and again to shut up shop, take Davies off and bring Zouma on with an extra one at the back.

I guarantee with this then Wilson wouldn't have got the penalty from been caught between Keane and baines.

Come on Everton
Another option would be to stop playing Baines because he's an utter liability

Still positives to take but also still plenty for Silva to think about.

For the first time in a long time we look dangerous going forward and are scoring goals... we scored 2 today away from home despite not being anywhere near our best.

Baines was completely daft to give away the penalty... a defender of his experience should not be doing that. That gave the crowd the lift they needed and gave them the impetus to go on and get another. Baines defends that properly, we win that game.

I’ve never been a fan of zonal marking, but we are using defenders who aren’t used to the system. We will improve, especially with Mina still to come into the team, but I can see it being targeted as a weakness of ours.

Whatever you think of Richarlison's red card, he needs to learn you can’t give the referee a decision to make.

All in all, a steady if unspectacular start with 2 winnable Home games in the league and an opportunity to progress in the cup coming up. I think it’s time to give Digne a run in the team

We are never pushing on if we still can’t win these games. The manager showed incredible naivety yesterday and for me is at fault.

We are never pushing on if we still can’t win these games. The manager showed incredible naivety yesterday and for me is at fault.

Oh ffs

We had the game in control at 2-0. We did not need changes. We were in control.

Baines made a stupid mistake that he should not be making. After that we didn't get organised. A changed wouldn't have stopped that, because we had no players on the bench who could have come on and got on the ball and keep them off it. This is due to injuries. We have two players who can do it who unfortunately are not currently fit.

B'mouth are a good side and we can never win there. All in all, we'll take a point and move on.

How many teams do you think win at Bournemouth this year mate? My suspicion is no more than 4 will win there. A draw with 10 men is not inconsistent with a side that will finish in the top 6.

I'd also say, now they have Wilson and King both firing they are a real threat offensively.

Oh ffs

We had the game in control at 2-0. We did not need changes. We were in control.

Baines made a stupid mistake that he should not be making. After that we didn't get organised. A changed wouldn't have stopped that, because we had no players on the bench who could have come on and got on the ball and keep them off it. This is due to injuries. We have two players who can do it who unfortunately are not currently fit.

B'mouth are a good side and we can never win there. All in all, we'll take a point and move on.
They made changes therefore we required changes. Baines should never have started with their front two.

We can never win there....embarrasing attitude.

How many teams do you think win at Bournemouth this year mate? My suspicion is no more than 4 will win there. A draw with 10 men is not inconsistent with a side that will finish in the top 6.

I'd also say, now they have Wilson and King both firing they are a real threat offensively.
We were two nil up. A good side wins that every single time.

They made changes therefore we required changes. Baines should never have started with their front two.

We can never win there....embarrasing attitude.

They didn't make any changes to their line up from the game at West Ham.

Brooks started on the right and doesn't really have pace to trouble Baines - and he didn't in the first half - it was Coleman who got caught out on the other side.

We didn't defend well as a team, but the reason they got back into the game is because Baines made a mistake. There's nothing to say that Digne wouldn't have made that same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.