• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating day for him. A bit of what it’s like to be Everton manager in recent years. Positive thoughts he has Bernard in the match day squad and Digne now, Gomes is back training ... let’s see in 3-4 weeks how the side is shaping. It’ll be interesting to see, Huddersfield we will beat. However West Ham and arsenal ... Hammers don’t have any points they are going to come and have a go ... hopefully that suits the new style of play, we can get in behind and exploit space.

I've been impressed that in two supposedly tricky away games, we've gone down to 10 in the first half and lost neither.

Clearly there's a degree of mental strength and no lack of confidence in the side under Silva. I liked that we also didn't miss the chance to demonstrate quite clearly that we're a better side than all 3 opponents on the day.

If he can avoid the mistakes Martinez made in stubbornly refusing to address defensive issues e.g. set piece vulnerability, he could be an enormous success here. If not, he'll go the same way as the Catalan. It's up to you, Marco.
Can appreciate that first line.

It would not have been that except for stupid Bianes.
Most Evertonians still have Bainsey in any EPL composite 1st XI. They have Seamus in that team’s RB position.
Me? I’m a dyed-in-the-wool Blue, but I don’t think either are good enough to be in that team. I think that maybe if we could convince Pienaar to sign on a long contract (5 years?), we could once again see Bainsey at the top of his game, but ...
The other factor that needs considering is the importance of Capt Jags to Bainsey’s and Seamus’ arousal levels. Capt Jags has been absent the past couple of weeks; once he returns we’ll have 3 out of 4 of the Moyesiah’s back-line. That was our ‘golden summer’ period...I can’t wait to see it return...hurry back Capt Jags!!

Last edited:
Fair play to him in his Bournemouth post match for not trying to make out the red was. harsh.
Really pleased with him so far, not happy to have dropped 4 points from winning positions but needless player mistakes I think have been the reason for that

History is definitely being rewritten as to how Allardyce had us defending and some Evertonians are now towing the part line as well.

Just to clarify, despite being ultra defensive so much so that we never even showed any attacking intent, he never once sorted out our defence. We were an absolute mess at the back, all season, he never improved any individual, his tactics did not improve us either and we only finished as high as we did due to the league being dreadful.

Koeman was right fully sacked as he too was an appalling manager and I reckon we’d have finished higher under Koeman if he’d stayed.

Silva, a manager who’s already giving us our pride back and gave us a team with real attacking intent despite basically using the same players (players many told us couldn’t play like this) has actually got us defending better than Sam did at any stage already.

With work at Finch Farm and the introduction of the 3 new additions to the defensive unit that he’s bought in I’m sure theres a considerable improvement just around the corner.

My biggest worry with him is zonal marking. Has anybody got a link that someone explains the pros of it versus man marking? Like once a huge lad like Mina comes in is that good for zonal marking?

Other than that I'm happy with the progress.

God the way we blew that two goal lead.Flashbacks to the latter end of the Martinez era!But Marco Silva is not Roberto Martinez thankfully.And of course if this was Allardyce, we wouldn't even have registered enough shots on target, to go two goals up in the first place!So yeah, blowing a two goal lead is frustrating.But i do think there is a lot of reasons to feel positive.We do have the new signings to bring in as well.So if we can keep playing good football, and eliminate the silly mistakes, then we can have a strong season.

His back room staff and club captain need to have a chat with him about game management when holding a lead.

Agree on a strategy and go with it.
Everything on the pitch needs to be planned

I feel he has made a grave mistake in sticking with our shambles defence.

Digne and Zouma should have been in this week but he kept with the same defence who were a shambles all last season and expected different results. 5 goals conceeded in 3 games tells its own story.

Yes Baines has had a decent 2 games but he's still ageing Baines and Digne is a CL experienced lad in his prime.

Had Silva made the right changes we would have won that easily. If I was Brands I would be questioning why the head coach is not playing any of the fit signings bar Richarlison.

Digne and Zouma should have been in this week but he kept with the same defence who were a shambles all last season and expected different results. 5 goals conceeded in 3 games tells its own story.

Yes Baines has had a decent 2 games but he's still ageing Baines and Digne is a CL experienced lad in his prime.

Had Silva made the right changes we would have won that easily. If I was Brands I would be questioning why the head coach is not playing any of the fit signings bar Richarlison.
Completely agree mate. Players need to be thrown in.

I think Silva is going to be a good manager but he's hesitated slaying sacred cows just like his predecessors.

It's his job at the end of the day. The players he entrusts with starting places especially will make or break him.

Looks like your suggesting we dump players after having a run of decent games.

My biggest worry with him is zonal marking. Has anybody got a link that someone explains the pros of it versus man marking? Like once a huge lad like Mina comes in is that good for zonal marking?

Other than that I'm happy with the progress.

There's an entire website about tactics named after it. The fella behind it sometimes can be heard on football podcasts with James Richardson.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/about-zm/

Status
Not open for further replies.