• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit better now, the rage tends to dissipate a little quicker in middle age, if any of you are like me.

Tomorrow I'll be fully recovered and on to the next game.

It's great in a sense there is this much fume over an away draw to an awkward side on a good run. Whilst again being reduced to 10 men for more than a half of the game, with a penalty conceded and no luck with injuries and fitness issues.

That fume is great - may we never lose an ounce of it for it will be the only thing that drives the club forward in the end.

So I hope Silva is having a lousy evening.

Let's give him a break, still unbeaten and not the worst of starts by any means.

Things to do and things to learn - that's his job after all. Let's not forget to heed the calls for time and patience that were in big supply a short few weeks ago.

We are and will remain a work in progress for maybe years to come. But progress is the operative word.

Silva is manager of Everton, not Real Madrid.

Football almost always ends up levelling these things out before too long.

There'll probably be a game or three we'll win by pure spawn this season.

Very good point this. I used to really dwell on results in the past and think if only we did this or did that. But at the end of the season it does level itself out and if we are good enough in 38 games we will get our rewards. We have had some serious bad luck with red cards already, in contrast Wolves have played two games against 10 men and scored a handball against City.

They won't be so lucky all season, we won't be so unlucky and look at the points difference between us and them already.

I've been impressed that in two supposedly tricky away games, we've gone down to 10 in the first half and lost neither.

Clearly there's a degree of mental strength and no lack of confidence in the side under Silva. I liked that we also didn't miss the chance to demonstrate quite clearly that we're a better side than all 3 opponents on the day.

If he can avoid the mistakes Martinez made in stubbornly refusing to address defensive issues e.g. set piece vulnerability, he could be an enormous success here. If not, he'll go the same way as the Catalan. It's up to you, Marco.

Were we better than Bournemouth today mate?

I'm expecting some statto on twitter to come out in the week with the odds on a team having a man sent off in three away games running. Luckily we have two at home.

Wonder if it has ever happened before?

If it did to us, I would fully expect the sky to open just after and for God himself to proclaim, "All together now, Everton, that!!"

Annoyed after the game. Letting a two goal lead slip is really irritating. Especially considering we were leading wolves twice.

But this is going to be a season of ups and downs. We are very much in transition. But despite that, I’m still confident we will finish in the top 7.

We had Martinez with his defensive problems. But he had an identity, an idea of how he wanted to play.

In the subsequent years since he left, we lost our way on that front.

Silva is still a young manager, he will make his mistakes but hopefully he learns from them.

We as a club desperately need a feel good factor this year. We will smash Huddersfield next week. COYB

Annoyed after the game. Letting a two goal lead slip is really irritating. Especially considering we were leading wolves twice.

But this is going to be a season of ups and downs. We are very much in transition. But despite that, I’m still confident we will finish in the top 7.

We had Martinez with his defensive problems. But he had an identity, an idea of how he wanted to play.

In the subsequent years since he left, we lost our way on that front.

Silva is still a young manager, he will make his mistakes but hopefully he learns from them.

We as a club desperately need a feel good factor this year. We will smash Huddersfield next week. COYB

Brown shoe...Identity of being 11th. Just be glad he is gone.

And Silva better learn from his mistake and deliver.

Football almost always ends up levelling these things out before too long.

There'll probably be a game or three we'll win by pure spawn this season.
Allardyce used all our luck up last season. We got about 10 penalties and the opposition hit the post or missed guilt edged chances every week, that's how we fluked our way to the top half.

Getting annoyed by not beating the pub team. As much as I dislike fat Sam (make it clear, am not rating him at all), he knows how to shut up shop. Silva must not repeat what Martinez had done.
You can't say Allardyce know how to shut up shop- how many times would he be in a position to be 2 up? And expecting to just shut up shop, have you ever watched Everton? That's normally when everything goes to rats shoite, we've not been able to cope with that pressure for years.

Would have liked him to have come out and publicly slammed the referee and his officials for a thoroughly appalling game, alas no.

Status
Not open for further replies.