• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that sticks out with our play so far is the pressing in the oppositions half. We have won the ball back plenty of times. Still early days but some of our play hits a high tempo and there is so much more movement off the ball compared to last season. Basically same players better tactics or should I say more positive tactics.

One thing that sticks out with our play so far is the pressing in the oppositions half. We have won the ball back plenty of times. Still early days but some of our play hits a high tempo and there is so much more movement off the ball compared to last season. Basically same players better tactics or should I say more positive tactics.

..might be an interesting factor on Saturday, given Bournemouth like to play from the back and can come unstuck against the better teams.

Does anyone else find it interesting the poor starts that Fulham, West Ham and, to a slightly lesser degree, Wolves have made to the season.

All of those clubs were singled out for praise for their activity in the transfer market, with majority of their purchases being new to the premier league. Obviously, and perhaps understandably, they are taking time to gel, and perhaps the foreign players are struggling to adapt to the premier league.

Compare that to Everton. We have so far only played Riki, who already has a season in the premier under his belt. The rest of the summer signings haven't even seen the light of day. A lot of us are frustrated at this and impatient to see them in blue. But maybe, just maybe, we mow have a manager that actually knows what he's doing, an isn't prepared to risk them until he knows they are ready, both physically and mentally.

..might be an interesting factor on Saturday, given Bournemouth like to play from the back and can come unstuck against the better teams.

Seems most of our high pressing comes from our own build ups. When we get the majority of our players in there half when in possession then we are ready and waiting for the press if we lose the ball. It is good to watch and if done properly halts any thoughtful play from the opposition. We have taken time to think away from them and force them into errors. Hope we can keep it going all season. Last season thought we just stepped off them and allowed them to play therefore making us easy to play against. My only little concern at the moment is the wide play against us......so much space for crosses which is a weakness of ours.

Does anyone else find it interesting the poor starts that Fulham, West Ham and, to a slightly lesser degree, Wolves have made to the season.

All of those clubs were singled out for praise for their activity in the transfer market, with majority of their purchases being new to the premier league. Obviously, and perhaps understandably, they are taking time to gel, and perhaps the foreign players are struggling to adapt to the premier league.

Compare that to Everton. We have so far only played Riki, who already has a season in the premier under his belt. The rest of the summer signings haven't even seen the light of day. A lot of us are frustrated at this and impatient to see them in blue. But maybe, just maybe, we mow have a manager that actually knows what he's doing, an isn't prepared to risk them until he knows they are ready, both physically and mentally.

Agree with this. Mark Hughes was actually saying pre-match that Soton can take advantage of us having a number of new signings. Only Richarlison was played. Think they have to be integrated slowly and only if Silva sees understanding from them in training. I would reckon they are already developing an understanding in training already and with league cup games on the horizon then that could be the perfect intro

So what you’re saying is, don’t play any more of the new lads and we’ll win the league? :cool:

Amazing the difference a little bit of positive football makes to the mood of everyone connected with the club isn’t it?

We look more balanced, fitter, more confident and more comfortable on the pitch.

It’s still early days and there are issues which need ironing out (such as the zonal marking which has been mentioned) which will be helped by our new signings.

This is what I was thinking too, I remember watching Bournemouth at Home to the RS last season and couldn’t get my head around why they were insisting on passing it around their own box when everyone knows one of the RSs strengths is pressing high up the pitch and forcing errors.

Hopefully we can exploit that

Tell you what am loving the most. The way everyone speaks about him. The way the players celebrated that first goal was class. They was genuinely buzzing. They all pointed over to him. That sort of management which Coleman said himself. Is the difference between 3 points and 1.

Allardyce didn't have Wallcot and Tosun until January. No Richarlison. Baines injured. Coleman coming back late. Bolasie not fit.

Koeman's squad was ridiculously unbalanced with no pace and Big Sam had to come in to that.

I think it's a bit over hyping Silva getting more out of the "same" players Allardyce had, especially when Silva has had a full preseason and addressed a balance issue

I certainly didn't mean to over hype Silva, he has won one and drawn one. But he has addressed the imbalance in the team, he has reduced the squad down to a manageable level.
Fat Sam had Wallcot and Tosun, remember the nonsense about Tosun when he arrived. Baines was struggling in Fat Sam's team and even Coleman wasn't at his best. Bolasie hasn't played for Silva so he doesn't count.
I am saying Silva has had two relatively good results, he has attacked and tried to win, he has moved players on and brought in people in positions where they are needed. He hasn't solved all our problems, it is too soon to suggest he has solved any of our problems but he has made a start and he, plus Brands, should be commended for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.