2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
l_383.jpg

36 years young today.

Still clinging onto the big wages, despite being 5th choice. Just get out, Phil. You’ve tarnished your reputation as a decent player here.

36 years young today.

Still clinging onto the big wages, despite being 5th choice. Just get out, Phil. You’ve tarnished your reputation as a decent player here.
Thank God for his blessed intervention last weekend to remove Nikodem from the squad for the next three weeks. Should be in his ear suggesting a move before the deadline tbh. Jagielka is no worse than the young (Browning, Pennington) lads nowadays, so it'd be wiser to keep them and say adieu to P Jagz.

IMO obviously Jags isn't and wont be considered an Everton legend but he's been a damn fine centre back for us for many a year, in particular his partnership with Lescott which was a big shame had to break up. Don't let the last 2 years cloud your judgement of how good of a player he has been for us, maybe he should have gone a season or 2 ago to preserve that way of thinking but he stuck around and has been put in the team...who can blame him

I think we can all agree that Jags played himself into the problem, it shouldn't have happened but it did. I am not sure you can now say "he shouldn't play again" on one mis-control. Now what happens next is the issue. In my opinion he plays the ball but also catches the man. I personally don't think it was an "out of control" lunge, look at where his foot is as he goes into the tackle, he keeps it close to the ground. As he gets the ball he is in sufficient control to get to his target, when he makes contact it is at ground level. If that is "serious foul play" we are in for a red card season.

Let's thank the Lord for the odd mis-control.

IMO obviously Jags isn't and wont be considered an Everton legend but he's been a damn fine centre back for us for many a year, in particular his partnership with Lescott which was a big shame had to break up. Don't let the last 2 years cloud your judgement of how good of a player he has been for us, maybe he should have gone a season or 2 ago to preserve that way of thinking but he stuck around and has been put in the team...who can blame him
It's typical Everton though under Kenwright isn't it? Handing out contracts willy nilly to players clearly past their best, and then subjecting them to heavy criticism from the fans as they're still being used on a weekly basis and earning a king's random even though it's clear they're no longer at the level needed. Yes I know Kenwright technically isn't running the show any more, but he still pulls a lot of strings. I really don't think the likes of Baxter, Jeffers, even Ferguson would be around if it wasn't for Blue Bill, never mind people like Rodwell being given the freedom of Finch Farm.

36 years young today.

No he hasn’t at all.

The club are responsible for him still playing, not him.

They gave him a contract, they picked him to play, what’s he supposed to do, say no?

What an absolute pile of garbage you have just written lol

As for tarnished his reputation? maybe amongst the more mentally challenged and dramatic amongst you.

No he hasn’t at all.

The club are responsible for him still playing, not him.

They gave him a contract, they picked him to play, what’s he supposed to do, say no?

What an absolute pile of garbage you have just written lol

As for tarnished his reputation? maybe amongst the more mentally challenged and dramatic amongst you.
He is the one who has signed the deal. Why hasn’t he realised he can’t cut it at this level, like so many better players have who were actually younger than him when they retired/dropped down divisions?

He wants the big money and he is clinging on until the bitter end.

Also, mocking the mentally challenged? Just scum.

He is the one who has signed the deal. Why hasn’t he realised he can’t cut it at this level, like so many better players have who were actually younger than him when they retired/dropped down divisions?

most footballers would still want to test themselves at the highest level and realistically hes not going to turn down a wage is he?

gone a bit literal there for the last point aswell

i loathed distin after the FA cup semi against liverpool and he stuck it out for a few years aswell

didnt blame him though, purely the managers who picked him.

To be fair mate, if he's valued by the club and he enjoys it here he's not exactly gonna say 'you know what? think I'll swerve it cos the fans think I'm goosed' - he's obviously going to want to stick around. It's up to the coaching staff to utilise him based on what they see on the training ground.

Chances are this will be his last year and he's not expected to play very often at this stage anyway, so I think some slack can be cut really.

Status
Not open for further replies.