2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the match on BT and they reported Jags had been sent off for stopping opportunity to score. So the refs intial decision of stopping a goal has been has been changed, and more serious foul play has now come in! Shame, to be honest I'm a bit narked myself now at that development.

Yep, the decision was changed after the game, utter farce.

Big thing being overlooked here is how that Jota utterly conned the ref with a Neymar like performance after the tackle only to recover and play the full 90 minutes

To be fair, Jags did catch him, AFTER THE BALL.

Once the red was shown, it wasnt getting changed, honestly what would have been gained from screaming and shouting other than embarrassing himself?

Nothing there and then. Being more aggressive might help in future where refs are a little intimidated. But I prefer we didn't do any of that nonsense and instead officials started being competent and consistent in their decisions.

There's a big reason why no English referees went to Russia. It's not rocket science.

I think we can all agree that Jags played himself into the problem, it shouldn't have happened but it did. I am not sure you can now say "he shouldn't play again" on one mis-control. Now what happens next is the issue. In my opinion he plays the ball but also catches the man. I personally don't think it was an "out of control" lunge, look at where his foot is as he goes into the tackle, he keeps it close to the ground. As he gets the ball he is in sufficient control to get to his target, when he makes contact it is at ground level. If that is "serious foul play" we are in for a red card season.

1. Jags
2. Lescott
3. Weir
4. Stubbs

Everybody else was utter rubbish, laughing at you putting Stones in there tho, you did nothing but abuse the lad.

Materazzi was utter tosh for us, did nothing but get sent off, LOL at Dunne.

Such a troll.
Stones was rubbish at CB but nevertheless a player. There's no contradiction there.

Once the red was shown, it wasnt getting changed, honestly what would have been gained from screaming and shouting other than embarrassing himself?

But that's him and the mentality of the team in a nutshell. Has been for years.

Loved him as a player and has served us well. But he's one of main players who gladly accepts the pat on the head from the opposition

Not the greatest barometer of someone’s ability but he did win 40 caps for England.

And is the only Everton player to ever captain England whilst playing for the club.

No two ways about it, he is a club legend. He deserves to retire with dignity at the end of a season where he is used as a squad player. Great servant being harshly treated.

Happens with our players all the time. They’re played too long due to management/ownership letting it drag on and their contributions are then overshadowed at the end by mistakes when they shouldn’t be put in those situations. It also doesn’t help that it’s generally the younger crowd that’s the most vocal so they likely don’t recall the good years. Happened with Howard. Now happening with Jags. Baines is next I’d guess, though he does have a ready made replacement finally.

And is the only Everton player to ever captain England whilst playing for the club.

No two ways about it, he is a club legend. He deserves to retire with dignity at the end of a season where he is used as a squad player. Great servant being harshly treated.
Club legend?

Let me just show you what that looks like on paper: Dean, Ball, Kendall, Reid, Southall, Jagielka.

Yep, the decision was changed after the game, utter farce.

To be fair, Jags did catch him, AFTER THE BALL.
He fell, spun around and flipped himself up in the air before rolling over again. Anyone who is actually hurt and not being a shithouse would go down and stay there not bounce around for added effect

Status
Not open for further replies.