2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hes basically telling the football world to lock up its wives and daughters, cos Everton is a-comin'.

I don’t see the need to show clubs like Utd and Barca in a bad light and how we out thought or negotiated both doing deals.

It’s all good for ego, but fundamentally bad practice I would imagine in football circles.

Again I see no need for him being in the media like this.

I see nothing good about it, if I’m being honest and I don’t like that he seems to be cultivating a media profile.

I don’t see the need to show clubs like Utd and Barca in a bad light and how we out thought or negotiated both doing deals.

It’s all good for ego, but fundamentally bad practice I would imagine in football circles.

Again I see no need for him being in the media like this.

I see nothing good about it, if I’m being honest and I don’t like that he seems to be cultivating a media profile.

Proper poundland Davek stuff this Neils mate.

I have no doubt he is which is why I asked the question, it just strikes me that this is an odd thing for a DOF to do and questioning the motivation behind it. Why cultivate a media profile?
I dont think he give one...Hes been given what he wants before signing....Hes kin cool...

Seems straightforward enough: Brands is saying "manage" in either one of two ways: 1/ he'll manage expectations without achieving them (i.e. present a series of piecemeal targets that have us pretty much treading water as the "top 6" stride on) or 2/ he'll manage expectations by closing that gap and fulfilling the ambitions of the fans.

I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, with the suspicion that I reserve for all those who are politically adept in marketing their strategy. These kinds of verbal skills are necessary in today's game, but it's hard not to suspect you're being played during the process. If one posits that Brands is genuine in the commitment to a return to the "top 6", his very facility presents a barrier he has to transcend. If he can do that, he's a very special operator indeed. Modern era, yadda, yadda...

Show us some football, and if we like it, we'll let him stay. That's really the bottom line, beyond all the narrative. Silva in the rain urging on a 10-man squad is a narrative they can build upon. Show us some football. Week 2.

Selling to a captured audience. Zero gain.

I wonder would he have done interview if we had a gash window.

Which makes me question who profile is he selling and cultivating here.

I wish Steve Walsh would have came out last season and told the fans why we didn't replace Lukaku.

I think a post summer transfer window summary from the DoF is a good strategy, hope we do it every year whether we have a good window or not.

Selling to a captured audience. Zero gain.

I wonder would he have done interview if we had a gash window.

Which makes me question who profile is he selling and cultivating here.

He was probably asked for interviews, so he did a media day, personally I found the interviews quite refreshing and gives us fans some idea of the thinking behind the window and his thoughts going forward.

Ive lost count of how many times people claim the club should give the fans more insight and here we are.

How you think he dissed United and Barca im not quite sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.