Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be worth it just to get him in the club because he'd probably be quickly moved over to the left anyway

Watching Richarlison on the weekend the overarching thought in my head was "Just imagine how amazing it would be if he had Tierney playing behind him right now"

I thought "I cant wait to see how Digne and Rico get on".

Was utterly overjoyed when I saw that Celtic result last tho, im not gonna lie.

lollollol

The SPL Zat.
LB
LWB
CB
RB
RWB
You can relax mate

His next club will be far higher up on the food chain than us

Our chance was this window, and we blew it

His next stop will be a top six club
Serious question Mikey, if we wanted a CB, would you be happy for us to buy KT or buy an actual proper CB?

Likewise if we wanted a RB.
It'd be worth it just to get him in the club because he'd probably be quickly moved over to the left anyway

Watching Richarlison on the weekend the overarching thought in my head was "Just imagine how amazing it would be if he had Tierney playing behind him right now"

Id say, it would be a good signing for us simply based on him being able to play both full back positions.

Gives us the option on either side to loan Kenny / Robinson and offload Baines.

If we were seriously interested then i wouldnt be amazed to see us back in for him in Jan...as Celtic surely need the money.

Not sure why Digne isnt a top player mind you? Think hes going to surprise a few this season

Id say, it would be a good signing for us simply based on him being able to play both full back positions.

Gives us the option on either side to loan Kenny / Robinson and offload Baines.

If we were seriously interested then i wouldnt be amazed to see us back in for him in Jan...as Celtic surely need the money.

Not sure why Digne isnt a top player mind you? Think hes going to surprise a few this season

I can assure you we wont be signing ANOTHER LB this season.

We need a CM and a Striker, not another LB.

Whose the replacement in your eyes? Robinson?

He could need another year on loan...

If Marco is eyeing 2 top players for each position then if tierney is that good...no reason why not

You champion Yoot and here you are suggesting we buy a player to stop the progress of a yoot.

Robinson will be 22 next Summer, he will be coming off the back of 2 hopefully successful loan spells, he will hopefully be pushing Digne for his spot.

I see ZERO benefit in spending 30m on a LB when we have a potentially better player already at the club.

I thought "I cant wait to see how Digne and Rico get on".

Was utterly overjoyed when I saw that Celtic result last tho, im not gonna lie.

I've been a close follower of celtic for some time now. Don't be foaming at the mouth just yet for Tierney. He's well over-rated in my book. He's solid at the back and going forward. nothing else. He's yet another player from Scotland who plays unspectacularly and doesn't make many mistakes and is then held up as a wonderful player fit for the premier league. He's not the quickest and wouldn't be a huge improvement on Baines being honest. he ain't worth the 20-30 million being quoted anyway. The RS have a better Scottish left back imo. Robertson is more mobile, quicker, more progressive going forward. I say don't believe the hype and forget about him altogether.

Last edited:

You champion Yoot and here you are suggesting we buy a player to stop the progress of a yoot.

Robinson will be 22 next Summer, he will be coming off the back of 2 hopefully successful loan spells, he will hopefully be pushing Digne for his spot.

I see ZERO benefit in spending 30m on a LB when we have a potentially better player already at the club.

All im saying is that IF Robinson needs another loan spell OR Silva doesnt fancy him then PERHAPS we may look for another player there...

We're not going to sign Tierney. Please let it go.

What i find interesting is the Left forward position;

Onyekuru to return
Lookman if he stays
Bernards usual position
Richarlison looking class

Arguably we could have 2 top players there in 12 months...also 2 in attacking central midfield...

If thats the idea then its still a possibility, however remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.