Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He tried to do the same when with us - I think it was Leicester chasing after Dwight Gayle?

Players in that league are a lot slower than PL players.
Perhaps, but players in most leagues are slow in the 96th minute when your side is down to ten men.

If anyone can figure out why DC’s keeper was up for that corner in a 2-2 game with a full minute of stoppage time left, please explain. Rooney wouldn’t have had to bust a gut like that if the goal wasn’t empty.

If anyone can figure out why DC’s keeper was up for that corner in a 2-2 game with a full minute of stoppage time left, please explain. Rooney wouldn’t have had to bust a gut like that if the goal wasn’t empty.
Its because in the MLS there are playoffs, and with the number of games left, DC desperately needed a win to help their playoff hopes. Probably one of the first times ive seen it in the MLS but it makes sense from that perspective.

you cant blame managers for everything, rooney literally lost the ball 50% of the time he had it, he was incapable of stringing passes together

Would have been interesting to have pace and movement down the wings like we have now. Think he'd have been more affective. But I think letting him go was a good choice considering our transfer business.

Consider the circumstances too, he plays for a last place team and that was a meaningless game. Phenomenal effort for someone who's accomplished so much.
It’s not meaningless at all, it was a huge game for them.

Beyond that, it’s also pretty darn difficult to play 95 minutes on the East Coast in August. I played the other day and my boots felt like they were on fire.

Its because in the MLS there are playoffs, and with the number of games left, DC desperately needed a win to help their playoff hopes. Probably one of the first times ive seen it in the MLS but it makes sense from that perspective.

I know about the MLS playoffs, I live in the US... but DC still has 14 games left! It seems way too early to risk a point, especially when you’re already a man up.

..it wasn’t so much the pass for that goal, it was the desire and effort to win the ball and then drop down a gear to have the quality to deliver.

Wayne Rooney has been an extraordinary footballer and those who have watched him are privileged. Always will be one of the greats and I saw him play.
I'll never forget seeing him in Duncan's testimonial, come on and embarrass 90% of the team by just being so far head and shoulders above everyone in terms of quality and brain. This over 10 years after I watched him make a show of Radebe at Elland Road. Incredible player that kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.