2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Spanish club is a stretch. Been around almost 100 years and never won the league. Never won a major cup domestically or otherwise. They were also relegated a few seasons back. Seems similar to calling West Ham a top club. Feels wrong.

Also, Mori was always a bit crap.
In the recent past they can certainly claim to be a top Spanish club.

I don't believe that for one second. There is no player in world football, who doesn't actually support Southampton, who picks Southampton over us.
Everton didn't meet Celtic's valuation; VVD didn't see Everton as anything special to hold out for over and above S'ton.

Nah. Last decade they've qualified for Europe ten times (four of those for the CL).
How could they have qualified for Europe each of the last 10 seasons when they were relegated in 2012 and subsequently not even in La Liga the following year. As I’ve already said they didn’t win any cups. Where are you getting that info?

It's like saying Everton under Moyes could claim to be a top English club. A bunch of 4-7th place finishes means little if you aren't going to ever win anything
CL qualification 4 times since 2008. That'd make them about on a par with Spurs here.

How could they have qualified for Europe each of the last 10 seasons when they were relegated in 2012 and subsequently not even in La Liga the following year. As I’ve already said they didn’t win any cups. Where are you getting that info?
Sorry yes, my mistake. But very consistent European qulaifiers. Behind Valencia, Barca and Madrd...and in the past few seasons Atletico. However, they have been a success story all told in this millennia.

CL qualification 4 times since 2008. That'd make them about on a par with Spurs here.
Spurs have only been elevated to big status the last 3 years or so and that's because they made the top 4 all 3 years. If Spurs had instead done it 3 times in 10 years the conversation would be very different about them

Sorry yes, my mistake. But very consistent European qulaifiers. Behind Valencia, Barca and Madrd...and in the past few seasons Atletico. However, they have been a success story all told in this millennia.
I agree they’ve been successful. Wouldn’t call them a “top club,” though. Either way, it’s semantics. Yerry will be good I feel. Exciting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.