2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to be the bringer of doom but he played for Shakhtar and looks like he weighs about 6 stone soaking wet. I think he might struggle in the prem league. I really hope IM wrong cos I want us to win everything. I still think its a good bit of business (cos he was free) but his wages are well high. Hopefully he smashes it!

I dont want to be the bringer of doom but he played for Shakhtar and looks like he weighs about 6 stone soaking wet. I think he might struggle in the prem league. I really hope IM wrong cos I want us to win everything. I still think its a good bit of business (cos he was free) but his wages are well high. Hopefully he smashes it!

They can’t hurt him if they can’t catch him.

Ok, fitness test passed, of course. But the impression is he's miles off.
Yeah, I wouldnt expect to see him starting games the next month, but we’ll probably see him as a sub.

Im exited about this fella, I had no faith in us actually getting him.

Marcel Brands is god, god is Marcel Brands.

Zola was one of the best players to ever play in the PL and he was a midget so I think Bernard will be fine, I just think back to that CL game against Roma, and in the first leg he was awesome, hopefully he can do the same for us.

I just have a small hope he could be our Payet. Looking forward to see him play, we haven't had anyone like him for years.

I'd expect him to get starts mid-September actually. He's literally walked through the door and needs time to get fitness and find his beaings with what Silva expects. Maybe an odd cameo off the bench before then.

You early said you thought mid to late Autumn so just thought I'd question why you're now changing your mind :)

Looks like Silva fully views him as central and an option to battle Gylfi for time. This is why Lookman was never expendable even with Bernard's signature.

Reactions: gmb
How much is this guy on then? Already getting comments from other fans about 200k pw and 15m signing bonus which sounds insane!

How much is this guy on then? Already getting comments from other fans about 200k pw and 15m signing bonus which sounds insane!
I've seen the £200k per week a few times, but no ideas on the bonus. I mean he easily would have cost £15m to buy so giving him the bonus is not crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.