Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Bernard, mina, another centre half and a midfielder in things will look so positive going into the new season.
And then wolves beat us 2.0.
Everton that!
Tbh I’ve kind of written off the Wolves game already. Whoever we buy will have 1 day with the squad which means our starting line up will likely have Jags and Keane as CB and it’s Wolves first game back in the prem with a bunch of hungry young players and a crowd that will be well up for it
However if we do get in Bernard, Mina and another CB I will be very positive for the season overall!!

Not really.

If we're bringing Bernard in he is more than capable of playing that role. In fact, that's where he has played the majority of his career.

In Brazil he was primarily a left winger, a guy Adam chatted to on his podcast used to watch him a lot, as he's Brazilian.

He can play number 10 but he made his name on the wing.

Bernard + 2 CB's would be good.
Add in N'Zonzi and we are looking at big improvements all over the pitch.

Basically we've got tomorrow before the descent into madness of Thursday, and signing in desperation PSV academy players.

How NOT to conduct a transfer window.

I know, why don't we go gung ho like we did last year and splurge a poo load of money very early on lots of players who all play in the same position and ignore the gaps in the team completely. That worked didn't it?

Or we could follow Wham's example of just panic buying players from everywhere?

Or maybe we should try and target specific players that fit the model that our new management team are trying to put in place.

Relax Dave,

Have a little faith in our management team to get the deals done.

At the risk of being vaulted, im sure we see at least 1 if not 2 CB's brought in either loan or perm before 5pm tomorrow.

Not really.

If we're bringing Bernard in he is more than capable of playing that role. In fact, that's where he has played the majority of his career.

3 positions
Walcott lookman richarlison bernard

Ideally need 1 more
Walcott is injury prone + bernard settling in

You’ve mentioned the past two twice is it wishful thinking or some insider knowledge.

Because you’re getting me excited and it’s not good for my blood pressure.

Last year i heard we were speaking with clubs about Jorge Mere, Issa Diop and one or two others i shared with some posters privately here -- nothing happened of course.

Zero this summer.

That's the stuff of dreams for me really.

I'm not too fussed on Zouma however what we have now is that and he'll be a huge upgrade and I do feel he's the type of player who'll compliment Mina.

The attacking threat though.....Jeezus

Zakaria.....Sigudsson

Lozano....Bernard....Richarlson

Tosun/Walcott

Pickford
Coleman Mina Zouma Digne
Zakaria Gana
Lozano Bernard Richarlison
Tosun
+ Lookman/Walcott/Niasse/DCL

To me, thats a top 4 first 11 and a very strong selection attack wise

In Brazil he was primarily a left winger, a guy Adam chatted to on his podcast used to watch him a lot, as he's Brazilian.

He can play number 10 but he made his name on the wing.

If i remember correctly, Shahktar left/centre/right attacking midfielders all interchange positions when counter attacking.

If we had Lozano in then wed have 5 players for 3 positions all comfortable in doing this.

I don't understand why people still want Lozano. We now have Richarleson, Lookman and probably Bernard, who can play in that position, and we are struggling elsewhere. Surely buying more wingers would just be repeating the mistakes of last summer.

Theres 3 attacking midfield positions;left/centre/right

If we want pace then its Lookman, Richarlison,Bernard and Walcott...4 players for 3 positions.

If anyone is injured or suspended then we only have 1 sub/rotation option.

Bernard is new to the league
Lookman hasnt played a full season
Walcott is injury prone
Richarlison looks best on the left

Its sensible to have 5 players. Thats not even 2 per position!

If we played with 3 centre backs for example then would you only have 4 of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.