Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when do we start panicking then? You'd expect Bernard confirmed today, probably tea time announcement and some form of concrete news on a centre half coming over, possibly tomorrow morning for a medical.

Be honest be surprised if there's much else in the pipeline.

The deals can come out of nowhere. If you've learnt anything from this window, surely it's that Brands is keeping this all in house?

Richarlison leaked from the Watford side. News came out on the Friday, he travelled back from Watford's training camp on the Sunday and was an Everton player by Tuesday.

Digne was done pretty quickly once agreed. In the last few days those processes speed up.

I have a feeling that Bernard coming in means we won't get a CM - or at least not for big money. I think Gylfi will be used deeper and Bernard as a central playmaker (although this can of course be changed). Ideally we'd move Schneiderlin on and get that CM in - maybe that's one for January.

I could potentially see a few loans out, but I hope not. I want the likes of DCL to stay. Bolasie will probably be the player that goes, and perhaps a loan for Vlasic.

Lookman, Sandro. Both of those could be ones that are done after the start of the season.

I expect one CB in. The minimum we require is two signings - if that's Bernard and a CB, then so be it. We've addressed the needs that were vital at the start of the window (albeit we do really need two new CBs, we won't get that unless one of Jags/Keane is moved on imo).

The deals can come out of nowhere. If you've learnt anything from this window, surely it's that Brands is keeping this all in house?

Richarlison leaked from the Watford side. News came out on the Friday, he travelled back from Watford's training camp on the Sunday and was an Everton player by Tuesday.

Digne was done pretty quickly once agreed. In the last few days those processes speed up.

I have a feeling that Bernard coming in means we won't get a CM - or at least not for big money. I think Gylfi will be used deeper and Bernard as a central playmaker (although this can of course be changed). Ideally we'd move Schneiderlin on and get that CM in - maybe that's one for January.

I could potentially see a few loans out, but I hope not. I want the likes of DCL to stay. Bolasie will probably be the player that goes, and perhaps a loan for Vlasic.

Lookman, Sandro. Both of those could be ones that are done after the start of the season.

I expect one CB in. The minimum we require is two signings - if that's Bernard and a CB, then so be it. We've addressed the needs that were vital at the start of the window (albeit we do really need two new CBs, we won't get that unless one of Jags/Keane is moved on imo).

We get only one CB in then we will still be like Swiss cheese at the back - that just will not get it done full stop.

If lookman is earmarked to go (and silva is trying to drive up the price) then we need another wide forward.

Also don't agree with me on Sigurdsson to play deeper than ACM,or you will feel the wrath of @CRIMHEAD

If lookman is earmarked to go (and silva is trying to drive up the price) then we need another wide forward.

Also don't agree with me on Sigurdsson to play deeper than ACM,or you will feel the wrath of @CRIMHEAD

Sell Bolasie and Lookman and sign Lozano. Maybe it’s too late to strike a deal now.

Not really.

If we're bringing Bernard in he is more than capable of playing that role. In fact, that's where he has played the majority of his career.

I think its looking likely that Bernard will be done today and either announced today or tomorrow, Mina will probably be done tomorrow and announced last minute and inbetween we will try and get a loan for Zouma.

If anyone else joins it would be a brucey bonus - I know I would like Lozano but it seems unlikely

I doubt it. Think Cenk, Richy and Walcott are nailed on front 3 for now and Bernard won’t be here to sit on the bench so it’ll be 2 out of Schneids, Gana and Sig behind him.
So we will play with 10 players or did you mean 5-Man defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.