Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you fume when its not closed. I say Lets See.

Fume all we like when the finality is revealed. Or not.
It's already a shambles whereby any glut of players in now will see us struggle to mould them int a team for months. <----the thoughts of the manager.

Sweeping aside all the BS here's what we have:

Digne in; Richarlison in.

That's it.

Bernard is done (Hopefully).

I expect a cb and CM arriving tomorrow and Thursday. Should that not happen the you'll have full right to criticise brands and Silva. I still believe we'll have a good window (ever the optimist).

..I think you evaluate the window after it closes, not before. Folk were giddy this time last year and it transpired to be a false dawn despite getting business done early.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but the next 48 hours or so will shape our season.

CB(s)
FW
CM

That's what the manager has wanted on top of the LB and LW he's gotten. I have zero faith that business will be done.

Bernard is done (Hopefully).

I expect a cb and CM arriving tomorrow and Thursday. Should that not happen the you'll have full right to criticise brands and Silva. I still believe we'll have a good window (ever the optimist).
I have no idea why we're pursuing Bernard when we have one of the creakiest defences in the PL.

CB(s)
FW
CM

That's what the manager has wanted on top of the LB and LW he's gotten. I have zero faith that business will be done.

Doubt we'll get a forward.

Bernard is a bonus.

We need at least 1 CB. If we get that, plus Bernard (which may mean we can play him in midfield and drop Gylfi deeper) then it's a very decent window. Get two CBs and it's more than we could have hoped for I think.

I have no idea why we're pursuing Bernard when we have one of the creakiest defences in the PL.

If a player of that quality is available on a free, albeit on high wages with a large signing on fee, we'd be silly not to sign him. He's a vast improvement on anything we have, and although we need 2x cb, we can still strengthen other areas should the chance arise wouldn't you agree?

He has a massive say in who is required for HIS team. He's not happy and neither should any of us be.
He's not happy, yet. I think there's also a question as to whether his demands are reasonable or not.

But regardless, I think we can ALL agree we need a CB and a CM. If they come before the deadline, I'm sure most of us will be pretty happy, no? Certainly seems to me there is time to do both.

Palace trying to sign RLC-

Zaha, Meyer and Loftus Cheek thats a very good midfield on paper.

We need an Nzonzi type enforcer desperately.

Doubt we'll get a forward.

Bernard is a bonus.

We need at least 1 CB. If we get that, plus Bernard (which may mean we can play him in midfield and drop Gylfi deeper) then it's a very decent window. Get two CBs and it's more than we could have hoped for I think.

Well we'll see. But it's skin of the teeth stuff and the preseason underlines that we'll need a good couple months of the season to gel whatever does come in and allow the manager to do his job instead of trying to plait sawdust with the players he inherited.

If a player of that quality is available on a free, albeit on high wages with a large signing on fee, we'd be silly not to sign him. He's a vast improvement on anything we have, and although we need 2x cb, we can still strengthen other areas should the chance arise wouldn't you agree?
I agree. But a playmaker isn't our priority. Sigursson and Dowell would have sufficed until next summer.

I feel sorry for this manager, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.