Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think if Bernard comes in it means a couple of things. First, I think he may start in the 10 role, with Siggurdson alternating from the bench or in the 8 role. He has a really good defensive workrate so unlike most players who play his position I can see the switch working. Second, I think a number of games could still see Siggy in the 10 role and Bernard spelling one of our two starting wingers.

If you consider 38 games per position, and 5 players for the 4 positions of LW, RW, 10, and 8, that means you could play Richarlison, Walcott, Siggy, Bernard and Gueye in those spots 31 games each, plenty of playing time for all and some rest thrown in. If Lookman also cycles in with 20 games thats still 26 games each, not counting cups etc.

Crikey, how long did that take to work out?

Agreed. The CB issue is worrying, but the signings made so far have been good and Bernard should be an excellent addition.

CB still needed though, personally I'd have given up on Mina as he looks to be stringing us along, and moved for Lacelles but we may still get them both done. Newcastle just care about £££ so I'd throw £35m at them to test their resolve.
Mina: a world cup signing. I'd rather have Lacelles.

Dave you were preaching mid table stability, writing off the season giving Silva a freebie and patience in the transfer market about 2 months back.

A sniff of deadline day; a few preseason loses and you've gone barmy.
I wasn't preaching it, I was saying I could handle it.

Mina: a world cup signing. I'd rather have Lacelles.

I'd rather have a player Barca wanted and signed two years ago and we wanted if reports are to believed pre world cup than another over priced epl player who has only showed defensive qualities whilst within a deep sitting defence a la Keane.

I'd rather have a player Barca wanted and signed two years ago and we wanted if reports are to believed pre world cup than another over priced epl player who has only showed defensive qualities whilst within a deep sitting defence a la Keane.
I know which one of the two I'd stick my money on in terms of being motivated, loyal and committed to giving their all.

Status
Not open for further replies.