Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember we smashed Villa 4-0 and the lad couldn't wait to get on it in the night in Manchester?

I do mate, he got pelters for it. But that’s all forgotten (except for us bitters) now he looks set to join the darlings of the prem.

He turned it on for a few games in the championship and did less than Mo did at Boro and less than Lookman did at Leipzig but hey, he’s worth £40m. Worse than Bentley.

Sorry lads, wee Jack is sound.

Similar to the blind spot for Davy Klaassen imo. But at least Mo besic was tremendous out on loan last season and has put in a couple good performances. Davy has not had a single good performance. But I tend to agree with this statement

I think he was decent for Boro but he hardly smashed the championship up.

Wasn’t even their best player last season.

Love the fact people have massively strong opinions on players based on vague memories of them from 3 years ago.

Grealish is not a winger/10 any more. Moved to centre midfield and massively improved, really good forward passer which is what our midfield really lack.

Although if we face the truth our we could sacrifice about 5 of our midfielders - Sigurdsson, Klaasen, McCarthy, Bolasie and Schneiderlin - £140m in fees and £20m a year in wages and use that money to buy 2 players we actually need. A deep lying playmaker (peak Arteta) and a player who can dribble and pass (peak Barkley) and our entire midfield would be transformed.

I think he was decent for Boro but he hardly smashed the championship up.

Wasn’t even their best player last season.

Was as effective as Ben Gibson and no one wants him. Neither are good enough. It says everything when Mo shows a bit of class in a preseason friendly v Lille and looks better than most of what we have starting for the first team.

Unfortunately it's going to take more than one transfer window for brands to right all the wrongs of the past couple of years .brands might well of fancied lozano be his performances in the world cup have put him out of our reach not just money but he will be looking at a cl club

Was as effective as Ben Gibson and no one wants him. Neither are good enough. It says everything when Mo shows a bit of class in a preseason friendly v Lille and looks better than most of what we have starting for the first team.

Looks better than Klaasen and Connolly against Lilles second string you mean ?

Apologies up front here as I've minimised (as much as possible) my interest in our transfer activity (lack of). I sensed it would be this way.
But could someone confirm that players we need, or would like, to move on can still go to a club abroad until the end of August?

With wide options of lookman richarldson and Walcott there is some serious pace there and directness .

I imagine that will create loads of space for tosun to get in behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.