Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an unpopular view, but I'd happily move Pickford on for 50+ million. His stock is very high after this World Cup and will likely take a dip this season. Thats not to say in the medium term he won't re-capture that but for us at the moment the liquidity he could provide could be more valuable.

I have question marks over him still, though I can't doubt the lads mindset which is top draw (and the best we've had post Cahill). I think this will be a big tick box for top teams, who do look at that.

There has to be an acknowledgement of where we are under Moshiri. I don't think we get much from pretending we can emulate what City/Chelsea did. If we need to sell to raise funds then we need to go down that route. Each summer we may need to move a player or 2 on. Any player we buy, that we can sell for upwards of double what we paid needs to be considered.

There also look a fair few goalkeeping options out, that can be solid for us if he were to go. By all accounts Foster is available for under 10 million. He is a solid goalkeeper. I also don't think Cech would cost a bundle, given his age and the likelihood of Leno being number 1. He seems the sort of steady experienced head we could do with next season to help a young team, and could be a little like how Nigel Martyn was. I'd happily see us trading Pickford, getting Cech in with over 40 million in the bank as pretty solid business to be honest.
Can I report this??

What do i put it under??

Abuse i think!!!

Because I had to read it

I'm going bed

"I need to be an important player at that club and I think that can only happen with a permanent move."

After two loan spells, Joe Hart wants his next move to be a permanent one.

Bookmarking this for when we do sell him and you have kittens about it.
I wouldn't. I think he's a perfectly reasonable GK for us - as good as we can get. However, if some mug club wants to throw northwards of £50M at Everton for him then I'd say "adios" and get Pope or Heaton in.

That'd be good business.

Lot of OTT talk about Pickford. Is he good? Yes. defo. Is he irreplaceable? No. We can get as good in for decent money and put the surplus to work.

I wouldn't. I think he's a perfectly reasonable GK for us - as good as we can get. However, if some mug club wants to throw northwards of £50M at Everton for him then I'd say "adios" and get Pope or Heaton in.

That'd be good business.

Lot of OTT talk about Pickford. Is he good? Yes. defo. Is he irreplaceable? No. We can get as good in for decent money and put the surplus to work.

Right and how much do you think Nick Pope would cost us?

My view is that I'm really not that bothered if he stays or goes. Despite his good WC showing I dont rate his all round game. Who knows, he might need a big spotlight on him (like at the WC) to perform better than he does for us.

If it comes to it and we sell him my only concern would be to make the buyer pay through the nose. I wouldn't be fretting about his loss.

Pope from Burnley looks a great prospect and we could take him. He'd be ideal.
Dave mate, you talk about the golden 4 that Koeman sold/chased out of the club. Pickford would be the 5th on that list mate (if those 4 had not been sold). Bloke is a gem.

It’s all misdirection mate this Richarlison and Digne nonsense. BK the day after transfer window closes with a smug face saying we finally got our man....loan signing of Julian Dicks
It’s the 1,145th time of hearing this same across about 15yrs - That’s when it REALLY lands.

Surprised you didn’t aim for TRUE originality and go for Paul Dickov.

That'd be good business.

I love you Divok

That'd be good business.

Don’t let Moshiri off the hook!

Status
Not open for further replies.