Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn´t say he´s a good player, but imho he differs significantly from Bolasie, who, at heart, is an entertainer and a trickster. Richarlison strikes me as less tricky but more of a strong, physical runner. I think we need that; Lookman, Tosun and Walcott are all very slight.

Tosun is anything but slight mate, looks very solid to me, hence why he's not easy to bully off the ball

Yes, but we are right to wonder why we aren't buying a player from Brazil when he would be three times cheaper than he would be off Watford.

Because richarldson doesn't play in Brazil anymore.

So you would rather us buy an untested young Brazilian lad and live him to the other side of the world and hope we both adapts to the country and the league?

Nearer 5 times

We aren't paying 50 million up front for him.

Also side point here to just say.

Small clubs buy unproven talent for small fees and bigger clubs wait for them to come to the league before picking them off.

Last 2 years we did this the wrong way and bought senior players off smaller teams who weren't ground breaking and we suffered as a result. However these young players like richarldson , like van dijk, mane, lukaku, Valencia to name a few get picked off by the bigger clubs after they have had time to adapt to the league. For more money but how many times have we been the feeder club?

So either people want us to be buying unproven players and gambling or signing players who have had experience and ready to step up? I'm all for signing random young players but Silva knows this lad already for example and considering his age, has years to get better. Considering he has a rest this year also, nothing but positives bringing him in.

And price wise? People forget Watford were taking us to court so we were going to pay then either way. At least this way we get a potentially top class young Brazilian in the process

Look, Malcom didn't want to come as we don't have Euro football. We are leveraging a good manager relationship to get a good player. For 35+5, that's not bad for a 21 year old with his upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.