Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamble £40M to £50M on a player hoping he makes the club £60 to £70M down the line?

I've nothing against him, I just dont see a player with his low-yield in terms of goals and assists as value at this price. He's just not.

Hand Celtic the extra cash they want for Tierney and let's at least do one thing right this summer.

Point comes down to judgement calls really. If you are going to employ a strategy of recruiting young players, you have to take risks based on judgement. Obviously we are backing Richarlison. The fact that our manager signed him and coached him, got the best out of him and our DOF was in from him, means we have more of an insight into this lad then punting on someone who needs to transitition to this league.

The RS were being taunted on here when they signed Suarez and Firminho...i rated both very highly...for me, they are extremely different players to Richarlison.

He looks very similar to Rivaldo i think, i posted this twice yesterday and i think also today to @Eggs

If you look at the way he moves with his head up and the balance, running style and speed it all looks similar to Rivaldo.

Additionally, he can pass with either foot...has the tricks and composure as well as the unnatural ability to make clever decisions while double marked.

I took a keen interest in him at Watford, not watching every game but focused a lot on him even when he wasnt seemingly performing...he was being double marked + focusing a lot more on defence as the style totally changed to a more negative style.

Im not saying he is the next Rivaldo...but i think they do share some similarities, what do you think;

We both rave about Dowell...

Non-stop youth internationals then a season of football (Forest/Watford)

1-- Both had great starts to the season but tailed off

2-- Both had a negative manager join and push them back + change the teams style

3-- Both have clear talent and need games under an attack minded manager who focuses on improving them

4-- Both are game changers who have performed in international youth tournaments

If we fast forward 3 4 5 years and both Dowell and Richarlison are full internationals + playing every game in a title winning Everton team...would you look back on this signing as a turning point?

The key is to add to the Dowell, Kenny, Holgate etc age group as much as possible and build a 1st rate squad....2 signings like this per season are needed.

Also bolasie out for £15mil and this effectively becomes a £20mil upgrade by the new management team.

..I always think it’s useful to compare players of similar ‘type’, especially younger footballers with those that have gone before. As you say, it’s not saying they are going to reach the same level, it’s just pointing out they are similar types.

I would say Richarlison is more of a ‘flyer’, a big athletic type and powerful runner, perhaps more of an Henry type than Rivaldo, but as we say, it’s not saying this lad will reach those heights.

..I always think it’s useful to compare players of similar ‘type’, especially younger footballers with those that have gone before. As you say, it’s not saying they are going to reach the same level, it’s just pointing out they are similar types.

I would say Richarlison is more of a ‘flyer’, a big athletic type and powerful runner, perhaps more of an Henry type than Rivaldo, but as we say, it’s not saying this lad will reach those heights.

I honestly feel offended for football that Zat mentioned Rivaldo in the same sentence as the Jarg Richarlson.

Football weeps.

I think he looks that way on the left for Watford...wondering also if he can play as a 2nd striker or even a lone forward...

He gives us lots of options.

Pity we didnt land Malcom...

Lookman / Richarlison
Walcott / Malcom
Sigurdsson / Dowell

Thats an exciting array of talent.

Nope, none would take him yet.
I think they would but Arsenal have already signed a new keeper so won’t be in for Pickford. One of De Gea or Courtois could be on their way to Real and if that happens then I would be a bit worried as there aren’t a lot of top quality keepers available. Oblak is maybe the only World class keeper that would maybe be an option but he would cost a fortune too.

Anyway, hopefully Courtois and De Gea stay put and then we won’t have anything to worry about as Pickford isn’t going somewhere to be a backup

I think he looks that way on the left for Watford...wondering also if he can play as a 2nd striker or even a lone forward...

Lookman / Richarlison
Walcott / Malcom
Sigurdsson / Dowell

If we landed Malcom, we wouldnt be buying Richarlson Zat, it was only ever 1 or the other.

No way he is coming we just need to move on fast. Sign Digne and look around for a quality CB who's available.

Agreed
Massive fan of mina, but if he isnt availible, he isnt availible. Get the stats boys looking round to see is the closest possible replacement for him and go for him

Lookman / Richarlison
Walcott / Malcom
Sigurdsson / Dowell

..I absolutely agree about the potential of playing more central (partly why I said he’s a Henry type).

Status
Not open for further replies.