Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bothered about the fee,the inflation in transfer fees since the Neymar deal is why fees are high now.

Finally Moshiri has done a statement of intent signing.

Get Mina and Digne in the defence and i can see us pushing for top 6 easy now.

You’re missing my point. Players’ valuations are based on form. When he fails to score for the last 6 months of the season then he ceases to be worth over £30m. For example, Jelavic looked like he was worth a fortune after his first 4 months at Everton. 12 months later he’s worth very little because his form was awful. That’s how it works normally.
I'm not MISSING your point, I'm just disagreeing with it.

Amazed that some many people appear willing to swallow the media report of £50m. No doubt Everton will announce the real figure which according to a reliable source is £30m. The add ons don't matter cos Everton will never achieve those anyway.

Phew. Saw lots of fume from last night. Can’t really see what the issue is? £50m won’t be upfront and whilst it’s a lot it’s the market we operate in. Fees are irrelevant to me now.

Saw the Chelsea game last season, and he absolutely was unplayable by then, wanted the lad ever since that game myself, if he improves his finishing/composure he will be absolutely top drawer. At his age, reckon he can do too.

I'm more concerned at how it's an obvious panic buy at this point. If we were seriously interested in Richarlison we would have went and got him earlier. It's obviously more of a case of us having absolutely no clue what we're doing and scrambling around after Plan A, B, C and so on fell through and we're now down to around Plan S.

He was deeply unimpressive at the tail end of last season. We're overpaying, obviously, in the hope that it was a blip and he'll come good.

It's not as obvious a bad buy as Bolasie was though - that was obviously stupid from the moment it was suggested and should never have happened. I think signing Richarlison is a genuine 50/50 situation where it could as easily come good as go spectacularly bad.

If he signs, I'm prepared to give him a full season before passing judgement either way.

Any deal would have been complicated by Everton poaching their manager, I would imagine it’s taken a lot of time and effort to get to this point, shows just how much they wanted him and probably from day one

Maybe we will sign another winger, who knows really at this point mate as the club is letting nothing out for a change
If we are going off the 4-5 signings that Silva said before it seems unlikely given other rumors. But I agree no one really knows

We'd have heard about it before now. Given the acrimony, if this was long in the tooth it'd have been leaked by someone for sure.

I'm 99% certain this is something that has developed within the last week.

Unless we now have a dof who talks to the people directly at the top and it remains s closed negotiation mate.

Mori went without a sound prior, given how much Italian clubs live to leak to the media, that suggests we are doing stuff the tight way now.

Just think, given the acrimony, you seriously think this has taken less than a week to repair to the point a structured deal has been done for this amount?

Hell though if we have managed to approach Watford, repair the relationship enough to negotiate such a deal without anything bring leaked all within a week, that in itself suggests very high competence doesn't it?

Well Lozano is from PSV, f anyone would know about him its Brands and secondly, I wouldn't mind serving that league forever. HE had a quite good game against a quite bad German side....not sure I'd risk paying much for him tbh.

Malcom....meh who knows, nobody on here anyway.

Kluivert, again from the Dutch league, didn't exactly smash it either.

I think Lozanos price became too much. I think Brands has a figure and sticks to it which is fair enough.

Kluivert I agree, he will cost about 40% of the cost but his pedigree isn't has high. If he scored 10 goals in Seria A next season he goes for a similar fee.

Malcolm would have been the one for me. The fee when broken down will probably be quite similar. He scored more goals albeit in a less known league.

The key point for me though, is we are struggling to attract any of those players currently. We have ended up getting who we can due to the managers connections. He has every chance to score 10+ next season which would be a great return.

The overall difficulty remains though. We have a fan base with a dispersal of opinions. We can all see what has gone wrong but a lot of differing views of how to put it right.

Some want us to just spend more (ah la City). Some want more experienced players, some younger players, some European players, some players with domestic experience, some want us to spend less and avoid bad transfers etc. In this context any player will come in to a mixed appraisal.

All of the above opinions are fair enough too, we have to try and be balanced and objective though. He was one of the most talented players under 22 in the league. We have to trust the manager to continue his development.

Unless we now have a dof who talks to the people directly at the top and it remains s closed negotiation mate.

Mori went without a sound prior, given how much Italian clubs live to leak to the media, that suggests we are doing stuff the tight way now.

Just think, given the acrimony, you seriously think this has taken less than a week to repair to the point a structured deal has been done for this amount?

Hell though if we have managed to approach Watford, repair the relationship enough to negotiate such a deal without anything bring leaked all within a week, that in itself suggests very high competence doesn't it?
He went to Spain

But yeah, I agree with everything else you've said there

35mill with add ons, prob another 3 million if we make the Europa, 3 if we qualify for the league cup, 3 if we win the fa cup, 3 if he makes, 3 if we win the league, 3 if we qualify for CL, 3 if he becomes an international 3 if he makes 50 appearances etc.

The add ons pay for themselves if they happen as they are liekly success based.

So its likely so the deal will likely be 7 million a year over five years and he will get a smaller wage the rooney that we cleared.

Yes please. Cant really see a problem with the deal to be honest and at 21 he has headroom to develop and a resale value.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.