Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
5189F061-247B-48FF-BD58-1F900B17D47E.png

I'm more concerned at how it's an obvious panic buy at this point. If we were seriously interested in Richarlison we would have went and got him earlier. It's obviously more of a case of us having absolutely no clue what we're doing and scrambling around after Plan A, B, C and so on fell through and we're now down to around Plan S.

He was deeply unimpressive at the tail end of last season. We're overpaying, obviously, in the hope that it was a blip and he'll come good.

It's not as obvious a bad buy as Bolasie was though - that was obviously stupid from the moment it was suggested and should never have happened. I think signing Richarlison is a genuine 50/50 situation where it could as easily come good as go spectacularly bad.

If he signs, I'm prepared to give him a full season before passing judgement either way.

I never knew that Richarlison didn't have a break prior to joining Watford last season. That might explain why is form dropped off after November. He's very young and clearly talented. Very excited if this comes off.
Doesn’t matter what you say on here though people will always have something to moan about etc etc. I for one think this is a decent signing and there was no panic in this at all I think the price was to get it over the line and stop them moaning about us taking silva

I'm more concerned at how it's an obvious panic buy at this point. If we were seriously interested in Richarlison we would have went and got him earlier. It's obviously more of a case of us having absolutely no clue what we're doing and scrambling around after Plan A, B, C and so on fell through and we're now down to around Plan S.
Either that or it's taken forever to negotiate with Watford because they've been a nightmare down to the Silva situation

Doesn’t matter what you say on here though people will always have something to moan about etc etc. I for one think this is a decent signing and there was no panic in this at all I think the price was to get it over the line and stop them moaning about us taking silva
I’ll take Silva’s judgement over other club’s fans. Who knew Watford games were so popular? Seems that every fan in the country knows Richarlison’s game inside-out.

Not necessarily. Don't think we should go into the season with just Richarlison and Walcott as wingers assuming Bolasie and Mirallas go. After Lookman it's Vlasic and Dowell and then back to Sig and DCL out wide. No thanks

Vlasic is a centre mid anyway as us Dowell really

Even at £35m it’s over the odds imo. This is a player that was pretty poor for the last 6 months of the season and lost his place in Watford’s team. We should only be paying £30m+ for top players who are crucial to their teams and are fairly certain will improve us. This seems 50:50 whether it will work out to me, which is a big risk for that kind of money.

Who'd be lose his place too mate? Pretty sure he was an ever present all season for them

Status
Not open for further replies.