2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we kept him or Schneiderlin it has to be him....but for the injuries.

20mil for Schneiderlin or 6-8mil for Besic (rumoured)...
Id be happy wth 20m for both of them not just Morgan, in fact 18m would do and wages off the books

Cant see us getting 20m for Snides and would hope we get more than 15m for Besic, personally I would keep both, for now.

If SniderRat is motivated, hes a very good player and if Besic can stay injury free, hes a very good option.

I would be giving them both 6months, see what happens, but it all depends, midfield is pretty stacked, would be looking to offload McCarthy as soon as we are able and defo looking to punt Klaassen and would probably be best if we loaned Beni elsewhere.

And of course I think we are certainly missing at least 1 proper number 8.
Id be happy wth 20m for both of them not just Morgan, in fact 18m would do and wages off the books

The main issue is in the book values.

Schneiderlin is 1.5 years into a 23mil transfer.
Besic is worth pennies.

Selling Schneiderlin frees up wages but it has to be for more than £18mil (5year deal?)

Besic is basically all profit.

Besic is worth pennies.

Selling Schneiderlin frees up wages but it has to be for more than £18mil (5year deal?)

You seem to be suggesting we’d be better off selling Schneiderlen for £15m in 12 months time than now? All the while we’ll be paying his massive wages?

We’re not in danger off falling foul of FFP so don’t talk nonsense. Net book values isn’t the issue for us. Having a load of highly paid rubbish on the books that we can’t shift is.

You seem to be suggesting we’d be better off selling Schneiderlen for £15m in 12 months time than now? All the while we’ll be paying his massive wages?

We’re not in danger off falling foul of FFP so don’t talk nonsense. Net book values isn’t the issue for us. Having a load of highly paid rubbish on the books that we can’t shift is.

Im not suggesting anything of the sort.

Are you suggesting that book values dont contribute to FFP? But in the same paragraph you mention wages...

Do you know the wages of the players?

Im not suggesting anything of the sort.

Are you suggesting that book values dont contribute to FFP? But in the same paragraph you mention wages...

Do you know the wages of the players?

Fair enough, you didn’t say that directly. I’m not sure why if we sell him it “has to be for more than £18m”. That’s the part of your post I’ve taken issue with.
Taking a loss on players is going to be expected and necessary. Getting money in now and being able to use it will be better than getting it in later - and no amount of bleating on about net book values is going to change my opinion of that.
Net book values is not the main issue here. Having rubbish we can’t shift is.

Likewise, I haven’t suggested that FFP has nothing to do with book values. I’ve clearly said that we’re not in danger of falling foul of FFP.

I don’t know the exact wages of the players, no. I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that Schneiderlen is on “massive wages” though. It’s widely reported he’s one of our highest earners.

Fair enough, you didn’t say that directly. I’m not sure why if we sell him it “has to be for more than £18m”. That’s the part of your post I’ve taken issue with.
Taking a loss on players is going to be expected and necessary. Getting money in now and being able to use it will be better than getting it in later - and no amount of bleating on about net book values is going to change my opinion of that.
Net book values is not the main issue here. Having rubbish we can’t shift is.

Likewise, I haven’t suggested that FFP has nothing to do with book values. I’ve clearly said that we’re not in danger of falling foul of FFP.

I don’t know the exact wages of the players, no. I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that Schneiderlen is on “massive wages” though. It’s widely reported he’s one of our highest earners.

If this was the case then surely the rumours would be for free transfers or very cheap deals...rather than Klaassen / Bolasie etc leaving on loans so their book values drop down and we sell them in a year or two at a lower price.

Brands (from the media reports) seems to be pushing out those with low book values (Mori) whilst loaning those with high book values.

Its not fact, or my opinion...its based on media reports.

Take a look over at AC Milan...

Besic is worth pennies.

Both players have talent in one form or other.

I think we should just assume that Silva is taking a proper look at them both before deciding to just job them off.

The right manager could find a proper role for either of them.

If this was the case then surely the rumours would be for free transfers or very cheap deals...rather than Klaassen / Bolasie etc leaving on loans so their book values drop down and we sell them in a year or two at a lower price.

Brands (from the media reports) seems to be pushing out those with low book values (Mori) whilst loaning those with high book values.

Its not fact, or my opinion...its based on media reports.

Take a look over at AC Milan...

High book values like Garbutt and Tarashaj?

He’s a nutter but he’s our nutter. This kid is actually a football player, unlike the French white flag waver we have in there ATM.

No mate, he's a faux nutter. He's actually quite a basic footballer, but he's got a sleeve tattoo and does the odd sh!thouse tackle so everyone thinks he's great.

Besic, I believe, will be leaving.
Not a bad footballer, could be good in the championship or with a bottom half of the table premiership side, but not what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.