Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to take another step forward in his development before he's even considered first-team ready

Yeah, this is the truth really, but when we're looking at next summer with Williams and jags gone out of contact, he'll move rapidly up the pecking order. Hopefully a couple more who are arguably ahead of him like Galloway, Pennington and browning will have gone too as none will make it here.

All in good time if he's as good as we think.

Yeah, this is the truth really, but when we're looking at next summer with Williams and jags gone out of contact, he'll move rapidly up the pecking order. Hopefully a couple more who are arguably ahead of him like Galloway, Pennington and browning will have gone too as none will make it here.

All in good time if he's as good as we think.

Stood out at times last year for the youth side but there were games where he just looked that little bit raw and in need of time.

No real doubts about him being able to make the step up eventually, just not right now.

Does anyone think we could see this lad get some minutes in the first season this season?
Yep, I’ll hold my hand up and say I could see him get some first team mins this season , probably as a LB for starters, so may depend on who we buy.
LB was where I first saw him play for England U17s about 14 months ago, it was before we signed him so I didn’t know of him , but he stood out as a pretty good player in a classy team so I remembered him.
18 tomorrow , not the age you pitch someone into the PL as a CB so needs more development yet. On ability he’d have played LB in the Europa League game in Cyprus but wasn’t qualified. He developed nicely last season in the U23s, I’m not sure who was player of the season but he’d have been a good shout for it.
Hopefully his injury doesn’t delay him too long, he was forming a good partnership with Feeney and I could also see him as left side of a back three if we/Unsy ever go that way.

Will this kid be big or strong enough to play CB? Or he is definitely a LB?

....it’s been widely discussed on the Youth thread. I was of the opinion he’d have a better chance of breaking through at LB but I have to agree with many knowledgeable posters who see him as a left sided CB. He’s already a powerful lad, so have no worry about his strength. I reckon he’s about 6ft and might still have a bit of growing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.