Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been solid to be fair paired with the pace of a Holgate or someone physical like Mina that would potentially be a good partnership.

He's been solid to be fair paired with the pace of a Holgate or someone physical like Mina that would potentially be a good partnership.

Underrated, didn’t know anything about him until our rumoured interest. Hopefully Cenk can have a quiet word with him and we send Klaassen in the opposite direction.

FairPlay is an excuse people use. We have plenty room to sign players but our issue is either. :Lack of funds, Lack of ambition, or new mandate of not wanting to overspend and negotiate for value. Let’s hope it’s the latter.

No, we do not. Look at our P&L. Read the rules. We absolutely have to cut a (rough estimate) net £25m from our wage bill or find a magic £25m increase in revenue as we are already trading at a loss (Elstone estimated it would be £15m for the last year but awaiting the accounts) & revenue will decrease this season without Europe. Wages are our big constraint. Like you I also hope wanting to negotiate more competently will prevent repeats in the future.

No, we do not. Look at our P&L. Read the rules. We absolutely have to cut a (rough estimate) net £25m from our wage bill or find a magic £25m increase in revenue as we are already trading at a loss (Elstone estimated it would be £15m for the last year but awaiting the accounts) & revenue will decrease this season without Europe. Wages are our big constraint. Like you I also hope wanting to negotiate more competently will prevent repeats in the future.
We can lose money in a single year no problem. I'm also not sure you can tell from a P&L how much amortization is left and at want rates of player fees or how much contribution an owner can make to support. Also not sure how much of the projected expenses are stadium oriented. So I'm skeptical of those figures, they certainly aren't exact. Think we also need to anticipate a better kit deal and some increases in commercial revenue in the future.

We can lose money in a single year no problem. I'm also not sure you can tell from a P&L how much amortization is left and at want rates of player fees or how much contribution an owner can make to support. Also not sure how much of the projected expenses are stadium oriented. So I'm skeptical of those figures, they certainly aren't exact. Think we also need to anticipate a better kit deal and some increases in commercial revenue in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.