2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
His strength is his versatility and teamwork. Yes he has quality on the ball, great at set plays, can strike shots at goal and is probably more creative than he showed last season, but he is also very versatile, intelligent and can fit into a number of different positions and systems.

I think it has 2 advantages for Silva. Firstly it allows him to change formations within game quite easily. Secondly he can give him a central role and know he can use Gylfi's game management to help the team. He used Cleverley for this last season who also had a real football intelligence. Sigurdsson can do that role and a fair bit more for me.

I feel that if he plays that inside left position he needs a pacy, left footed fullback to overlap to allow him the space. Obviously wasn't getting that from Cuco last year which I don't think helped. Hopefully with a new left back in he can show more of his form from Swansea.

I feel that if he plays that inside left position he needs a pacy, left footed fullback to overlap to allow him the space. Obviously wasn't getting that from Cuco last year which I don't think helped. Hopefully with a new left back in he can show more of his form from Swansea.
I’d rather he was played central anyway.

His strength is his versatility and teamwork. Yes he has quality on the ball, great at set plays, can strike shots at goal and is probably more creative than he showed last season, but he is also very versatile, intelligent and can fit into a number of different positions and systems.

I think it has 2 advantages for Silva. Firstly it allows him to change formations within game quite easily. Secondly he can give him a central role and know he can use Gylfi's game management to help the team. He used Cleverley for this last season who also had a real football intelligence. Sigurdsson can do that role and a fair bit more for me.

I wonder could he play a Kevin De Bruyne role mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.