2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's decent. Nothing more in my opinion. He's not going to carry us to the top 4 but he's a good player on his day. Needs to be at his best regularly to justify the ridiculous fee we paid. Don't see that happening, but he can be of use.
If we'd paid around £25 - £30 million, he would of been a decent signing. We paid what he was worth to Swansea. This was proven with them going down. You're right he isn't going to carry us to top 4. But I'm sorry to say we have no chance off this, unless be find a £ billion somewhere. Question is he descent enough to get in our team as it is now? I think he is to enough, but I don't rest my hops on him.

7th is the best maybe 6th is the best we're going to do. if one of the top 6 has a bad season. Burnley will, drop a little with European football (but I think they'll do well in that competition). I just hope we can challenge to get 6th, maybe win a cup? Play some football that I enjoy watching, would be nice.

Can someone please link Kevin Phillips trying to say his name onto this thread please?

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to having him in a Silva team. For all Koeman's talk about wanting him for a long time, he didn't know what to do with him. Allardyce -- say no more. Under Silva I think he'll get the number 10 spot from the off. He's a player who needs runners. So a more dynamic and pacy attack will get the best out of him.

Looking forward to having him in a Silva team. For all Koeman's talk about wanting him for a long time, he didn't know what to do with him. Allardyce -- say no more. Under Silva I think he'll get the number 10 spot from the off. He's a player who needs runners. So a more dynamic and pacy attack will get the best out of him.
Koeman knew he was a very good player but had no idea what to do with him

Of course Sigurdsson isn't going to take us into the top four. There isn't any single player who could do that.

The question is; will Silva play to Sigurdsson's strengths or demand that he adapt to Silva's way? I'm optimistic that Sigurdsson will make a bigger contribution this season, and that we'll see some much more attractive football.

Will it be good enough for us to challenge the Big Six? I doubt it - unless Chelsea or Arsenal have a difficult transition, or Manchester City's players recover too slowly from the World Cup.

Nevertheless, I am very much looking forward to the new season. And I expect us to pick up the Best of the Rest award!

If we'd paid around £25 - £30 million, he would of been a decent signing. We paid what he was worth to Swansea. This was proven with them going down. You're right he isn't going to carry us to top 4. But I'm sorry to say we have no chance off this, unless be find a £ billion somewhere. Question is he descent enough to get in our team as it is now? I think he is to enough, but I don't rest my hops on him.

7th is the best maybe 6th is the best we're going to do. if one of the top 6 has a bad season. Burnley will, drop a little with European football (but I think they'll do well in that competition). I just hope we can challenge to get 6th, maybe win a cup? Play some football that I enjoy watching, would be nice.
Them going down would suggest we underpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.