2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairly good when his confidence isn’t shot. Good in the air and defensively sound when the ball is in front of him. Really needs to be vocal and more imposing if not the league will chew him and spit him out

Last season was a write off for many including Keane. I’m hopeful with a settled team and a decent coach we can see him start to be a decent player.

Far too many of our fans just turn their back on players when it doesn’t work out straight away. Think he improved massively when playing with Jags each week toward end of the season.

Last season was a write off for many including Keane. I’m hopeful with a settled team and a decent coach we can see him start to be a decent player.

Far too many of our fans just turn their back on players when it doesn’t work out straight away. Think he improved massively when playing with Jags each week toward end of the season.
You could say the same about Klaassen, Sandro and others who weren't given a fair crack of the whip, yet were on the receiving end of much criticism.

While I feel that Keane was poor on many occasions last season (well, awful), I'm grown up enough to give him a chance under a new, more positive leadership.

I'm expecting a great improvement this season, both physically and mentally, especially if we can establish a regular defence. And Keane was carrying an injury last season;

A gash first opened in Keane's foot when he was on the end of an x-rated challenge by Everton old-boy James Vaughan in the Caraboa Cup game with Sunderland at Goodison. The wound would re-open and eventually an infection would force him into hospital and then require him to play with painkilling injections. (The Echo)

Interesting that he spoke of the squad not being fit enough in patches. That should be a given at their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.