2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to whoscored stats, he played his best games as a Central attacking mid, interesting that. Wonder if he'll be utilised in that role for us this season.

I would happily see Siggurdsson left on the bench with Lookman in the number ten role as I think that is where he will flourish rather than out wide.

RW Walcott

Am Lookman

LW **new signing**

CF Tosun

Really hope the lad stays.

if wants to stay and play for a chance in the first team fine. if he thinks hes done anything in his career to warrant him being a guaranteed starter for any team in the premier league hes nuts.
He's part of a generation that's been born. That entitles him to anything he wants.

I would happily see Siggurdsson left on the bench with Lookman in the number ten role as I think that is where he will flourish rather than out wide.

RW Walcott

Am Lookman

LW **new signing**

CF Tosun

Tbf Sigurdson could easily do that box to box role imo, has the work rate at least. Sigurdson and Gueye at CM could work with Lookman in front.

Lookman tbf, has done absolutely nothing in a blue shirt. He doesn't get involved at all when he does play.
To be fair the whole club offered very little last season, can think of more seasoned pro's at the club who also offered very little. He is young enough to vastly improve even more.

RW Walcott

Am Lookman

LW **new signing**

CF Tosun

Sig is a lot more established than Lookman,

Lookman had a few good games that it, of course he has potential, but Sig is with doubt one of our most talented players.

RW Walcott

Am Lookman

LW **new signing**

CF Tosun

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Iceland is an established PL player that single handedly kept a dire Swansea side up twice. I think if he cost less than he did, we'd be singing his praises.

I expect him to be a lot better this year. I like Lookman, but I can't see him displacing Iceland in the starting 11.

I agree with most on here that Lookman should be a key figure in the squad this season. Playing on LW in 4-3-3 will give him freedom in final third without the defensive responsibilities. To me that was the one reason that koeman lost faith in him was his tracking back and helping out his fullback. In no way am i leaving Siggy on the bench though, team has to be built around him next year. Get Siggy in the #10 role with walcott and lookman as willing runners on the wings feeding balls into tosun.

The fee makes it all sound like lazy journalism to me. No team in their right mind would bother with £12m.

Status
Not open for further replies.