Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still waiting for silva to be our new manager. It’s draggin on over the summer. It’s not going to happen, Everton are stalling blah blah blah. Dave that is One of your prophecies. Then as soon as we signed Silva you went mute. As nice as that silent time was it’s was still annoying because you don’t then stand up and congratulate the club. It’s continual negativity with you. If you’ve not good anything good to say, in balance, just keep quiet. You’re a fly on a summers day Dave.
I said Silva's appointment was the right one and the club - eventually - got that right.

"Preparing to bid"...for a week.

Utter drivel this one. As said, I dont think Everton are behind it...more than likely just enjoying the happy spin off of being associated with a player that could solve that LB crisis we have and keeping fans pacified that they're moving to in that direction.

I do think there's something in it Dave.

I don't think it's as far on as people may have suggested (either in terms of it being ON or OFF), but if a bit of digging is done it seems we actually inquired around 3 weeks back.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has all been done through the agent, who has then gone to Celtic and asked 'how much would it take?'

Doesn't mean it's going to happen or that we have even bid. But I can't see there being no lines of communications open.

Utter drivel this one. As said, I dont think Everton are behind it...more than likely just enjoying the happy spin off of being associated with a player that could solve that LB crisis we have and keeping fans pacified that they're moving to in that direction.
This, tbh.

I do think there's something in it Dave.

I don't think it's as far on as people may have suggested (either in terms of it being ON or OFF), but if a bit of digging is done it seems we actually inquired around 3 weeks back.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has all been done through the agent, who has then gone to Celtic and asked 'how much would it take?'

Doesn't mean it's going to happen or that we have even bid. But I can't see there being no lines of communications open.
It's Everton. We serve agents who want their players moved on. They link them to us and then the interest is sparked.
I'm not sure about Tierney not having seen him against quality opposition, but I think he'll attract (eventually) the attention of clubs above us in the pecking order with CL football to take a punt on him. He's no doubt hoping his agent can pull that trick off, despite all the "I'm Celtic-daft I am" BS for the consumption of their fans.

As with the Mori transfer the club will say nothing until the deal is done if it happens at all
The club can’t stop the press or ITK bedwetters and cynics from speculating

Status
Not open for further replies.