Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..believe it or not, I handed my Blackberry in when I retired 2 years ago and haven’t owned a mobile phone since. I do GOT via an I-pad which will be stowed away in the luggage.
Sorry mate, but I don’t believe it. This litany of excuses is becoming a little tiresome also. Kindly get your shizzle together in time for tomorrow am’s update....
Oh and safe journey

Been reading about them in world cup build up. Massively rated.

Aleksey has been the bigger star since aged 17 while Anton seemed to have struggled to the point he went on loan to Estonia. Looks to have built himsef up, and some say he is the better one now, has showed massive character after being in his brothers shadow.

Defo ones to watch over next couple of years....massive marketing op too to bring in twins. Can see a move to one of the big boys one day.

There's all this thing about Russia being crap, but when I was doing my research for the past few weeks, the players are actually decent.

Defensively they're poor but attacking wise they've got some talent.

The twins are both good, and Golovin is excellent - and he showed that yesterday when Dzagoev went off. A real box-to-box player. Cheryshev has been poor in the last season or so, but a few years ago looked a really good player. He's only 26.

Dzagoev is still a good player, and that injury is a huge shame. Their striker (Smoldov? (can't remember off top of my head) is also decent, and Dzyuba showed he's more than capable back-up.

Last edited:

There's all this thing about Russia being crap, but when I was doing my research for the past few weeks, there players are actually decent.

Defensively they're poor but attacking wise they've got some talent.

The twins are both good, and Golovin is excellent - and he showed that yesterday when Dzagoev went off. A real box-to-box player. Cheryshev has been poor in the last season or so, but a few years ago looked a really good player. He's only 26.

Dzagoev is still a good player, and that injury is a huge shame. Their striker (Smoldov? (can't remember off top of my head) is also decent, and Dzyuba showed he's more than capable back-up.

Smolov almost went to West Ham in January. They’ve got a few kids coming through that look good like Chalov (think he scored in the CL).

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/

Not saying that's 100% but it won't be far out. He was a teenager when he signed for them.

Maybe not far off mate but he's definitely on more than that - I think it's due to image rights etc so perhaps that's more sponsorship than anything else, but it's sponsorship through United, if you get me.

I'd be shocked if he's pulling in less than 90k p/week.

Not saying we couldn't still double that and pay him 180k, like, but I just don't think he'd come to us. I think he'll have a host of top clubs after him.

It's a deal I'd love us to go for but we need to have learned our lessons and know it's not realistic.

Smolov almost went to West Ham in January. They’ve got a few kids coming through that look good like Chalov (think he scored in the CL).

Aye, they've always had decent attacking players. Just their defence is currently dreadful.

Saudi Arabia played much better in all their pre-tournament friendlies (that unfortunately I had to watch) than yesterday, but I think Russia reminded all the journos writing them off that they've actually got some talent.

It's a shame Dzagoev went off, mind, as he's their best player on the ball, but as I said Golovin was then able to move into that role and showed what he could do.

Was strange, as they'd been playing with a three at the back for most of the time in the build-up, but switched yesterday to a 4-2-3-1, but mainly just played it long to Smolov. Their play in the first half was 80% down the flanks - and it was only when Golovin went central that they started attacking down the middle more - it was 10% down the middle when Dzagoev was on.

We have no chance of signing Martial or Rashford (on loan or otherwise) dunno why people keep mentioning them when there are far more realistic targets. Maybe in 10-12 years time when they are looking for a last pension contract they will sell to us but not whilst they can actually play.
It is a bit concerning that we have signed nobody yet as I would assume many of our targets are not at the WC so can we please get on with it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.